Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Cruising the web the other day and saw "new" Belom 124 gr FMJ 9mm. Ordered one box. I haven't purchased any factory ammo in several years (11?) as I'm an avid reloader. Web videos seem OK, but anybody try this ammo? (Global Ordnance, $29.99 + shipping. More than I like to pay, but I was curious.).

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
What's suppose to be special about it?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's suppose to be special about it?
Nuttin' special, the few reviews I've seen is it seems to be consistent and feeds freely in a few different pistols. I haven't purchased factory 9mm of any sort in at least 11 years, and probably longer and just wanted to hear from Taurus owners. Maybe just curiosity got the best of me and I punched "purchase now". I will probably get 100% functioning, ?? accuracy, and have some reloadable brass. Jes askin' (over the years I've read on forums "XXX factory ammo sucks" or "can't reload brass", etc.)...

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Well, I meant what was special about the price as I'm sure the quality is probably decent. I too load my own 9mm ammo but always keep my radar scanning for good, or exceptional, deals for factory ammo whenever it goes on special sale. I keep a small stash of 9mm factory ammo on hand at all times just because, as I'm sure you know, you can't have too much ammo.

·
Registered
37,134 Posts
Honestly I have never heard of the manufacture!

Reactions: PTDOUDE

·
Registered
17,641 Posts
Never heard of Belom, so looked it up.

"...This ammunition is produced in a state of the art facility in Serbia by BELOM, a sister company of PPU that was initially set to supply the LE/MIL market meaning this ammunition is up to military standards..."

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Price was $30.00 per box of 50, which I guess ain't too bad today. Shipping was another $12.00, $42.00 total. I normally wouldn't pay that much for factory ammo, but like I said, curiosity got the best of me. I don't count costs for my reloads (I reload because I like to!) and I have no idea what 50 rounds of my 124 gr JHP 9mm cost me to reload, but I'm sure it's waaaaay less than $42.00!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bought a box out of curiosity also. I divided it up between a few different guns, maybe even 10 rounds through the Taurus G3c. It all fired just fine; accuracy was about equal to what ever else I had out that day (S&B, Federal). I have read a couple guys saying it was on the hot side, but I really didn't notice anything special about it. I think I paid something in the lower $20's and bought enough other ammo with it to get free shipping. It would be a really cold day when I paid $42 for a box of 50!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts