Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I got a belly band a couple weeks ago at the gun show it was relatively inexpensive so I figured whsat the hell. Today I finally decided to try it out. So far I'm liking it. Im carrying my pt1911 and one extra mag. Im wearing it so the gun is positioned right behind my hip and it feels really good. I was curious what other peoples experience s were with this style of carry good or bad, any input?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Not familiar with this. I cringe when my husband pulls out the fanny pack for his gun so maybe this would be a good alternative for him...

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Pics please! :) Hearing belly band for some reason I expected a front and center carry. Seems though you have it behind your hip...

Reactions: TexasAviator

·
Registered
194 Posts
Does it look like this one
Unfortunately yes. Despite their popularity in the 80's/early 90s, I assume anyone wearing a fanny pack is carrying a gun now (unless they are biking). I can't think of a single other reason for a person to wear one.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I occasionally use a belly band when I want deep concealment. It carries well, but the only way to re-holster it is to partially undress [from deep concealment]. It has the advantage of holding your gun very close to the body and distributing the weight very well.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
I like the belly wrap holsters like these. They allow me to carry my favorite full size pistols with ease. I have two that I bought from eBay.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like the belly wrap holsters like these. They allow me to carry my favorite full size pistols with ease. I have two that I bought from eBay.
Yep, much the same as what I am using. I simply positioned the firearm on my right hip and wore it low so the muzzle end of the gun was about two inches below my belt line, inside the waitband of course, and went about my day. I wore it for 10 hours and couldn't have been more comfortable. The only draw back would be reholstering my weapon but in the event I would have to draw it while out and about through my normal day reholstering would likely be th least of my concerns.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
My belly didn't care for the belly band. Too much belly for the band. :D

Reactions: Julz226

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My belly didn't care for the belly band. Too much belly for the band. :D
Yeah, mines getting there. Lol. Though it works great for now.....may keep working for a while to come too next week my wife is putting me on a diet.

Reactions: btleslie

·
Registered
507 Posts
I liked my Kangaroo carry so much I got 2 ! Carey's my PT709 great and is pretty comfy but not zackery a belly band since it puts the gun under your armpit and has one strap that goes over your shoulder to carry the weight better. It's heavy duty cotton with elastic and Velcro so after you get it all set up works great!

·
Registered
570 Posts
I have used one before and I liked it. I carried an SW9VE with a spare mag and it was pretty comfortable. I use belt IWB holsters now because the Belly Band just got too hot for my tastes. As long as you like it, Rock On.

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
I use one almost exclusively now, I even own two so one can be in the wash. I usually wear it high with the pistol in a kind of cross draw carry underneath my left manboob, and the extra mag on the other side. This is the most comfortable concealable system I have found.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I use one almost exclusively now, I even own two so one can be in the wash. I usually wear it high with the pistol in a kind of cross draw carry underneath my left manboob, and the extra mag on the other side. This is the most comfortable concealable system I have found.
Under the left manboob.... And that's the visual that will now be stuck in my head all night.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts