Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I'm about to cut off/grind the long mag base retainer in my 10-round TX22 magazine so it will hold 16 rounds...totally legal where I live, by the way....anyhow, I've got the Dremel with the cutter wheel in my right hand, and reach for my safety glasses with my left...while putting them on, I look for the base retainer on the table and OUCH, got myself right in the eye with the end of the glasses....LOL, like a Three Stooges film with my life, I tell ya...

Safety First, that's me. Be careful out there.

Glasses Grey Eyewear Composite material Circle

·
Super Moderator
41,359 Posts
Wow, I thought there was going to be a worse ending . Multitasking can be risky business , especially while operating machinery .

Reactions: SpeedBuggy

·
Registered
30,044 Posts
As the .22LR is a rimmed cartridge, the angle of rounds is going to change as the stack gets taller. This is why single stack 22 mags have been limited to 10 rounds, not regulations.
While it is possible to create a .22 magazine that will reliably feed more than 10 rounds, it is not a foregone conclusion.
Is this known to work?

·
Registered
22,271 Posts
Like hardhats...:confused:...I've never had an instance where a hardhat ever came into play as far as preventing an injury but I couldn't begin to count the number of times they damned near broke my neck.

·
Registered
37,951 Posts
In the Fire Service typically those in command place the Firefighters that have difficulty in putting on glasses and tying the shoes on the Engine!
Just saying we don't want them around power saws, pointed ceiling hooks, axes ., etc--you get the picture I think?

Sleeve Textile Gesture Event Fashion design

·
23,949 Posts
Little tip for the leather workers among us; put on the safety glasses, then pick up the razor knife. Picking up the knife and then putting on the glasses is not recommended. No, I've never cut myself, I've just had to train myself to do it in the right order.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
In the Fire Service typically those in command place the Firefighters that have difficulty in putting on glasses and tying the shoes on the Engine!
Just saying we don't want them around power saws, pointed ceiling hooks, axes ., etc--you get the picture I think?

View attachment 490961
Ah now I see why firemen wear pull-on boots, to avoid those hazardous laces. That really makes the job so much safer.

·
Registered
5,429 Posts

·
Registered
22,271 Posts
Yep most glasses (Rx, safety, shades) are sometimes difficult to put on single handed BTDT. But one
safety practice is to slow down...
Well...:confused:...one would think so. Spent most of my life riding and racing motorcycles and despite several spectacular crashes at high speeds, came out with relatively minor injuries. Twice while trail riding and "taking it easy", I had my worst injuries ever (all at one time, anyway). First time, I shattered an ankle and broke my leg...:rolleyes:...didn't even crash or fall off. The second time, I broke my right hand, right arm and left collarbone plus got a concussion and was pretty much cut to shreds by rocks. Stay safe, go fast!

·
Super Moderator
22,452 Posts
Those cutting wheels break all the time! I always wear safety glasses when using a Dremel! Sorry the glasses got you 1st.

·
Registered
37,951 Posts
Ah now I see why firemen wear pull-on boots, to avoid those hazardous laces. That really makes the job so much safer.

YEP!
I had a lady ask me one time "Why", do Firemen wear red suspenders??
I calmly replied to keep their pants up!
GEEEEZZ! some people can ask some really dumb questions!--LOL

·
Super Moderator
15,218 Posts
YEP!
I had a lady ask me one time "Why", do Firemen wear red suspenders??
I calmly replied to keep their pants up!
GEEEEZZ! some people can ask some really dumb questions!--LOL
I heard that one when Eisenhower was President. Folks weren't much smarter back then, either. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts