Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It speaks for itself in today’s world!!!

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Reactions: tooboocoo

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Good object lesson! :D

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
It is getting harder to be polite in the new world..:mad:

Reactions: Sekol

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Looks like break time at work, or when a meeting is over.Oblivious to their surroundings. Had a young lady at work walk into a piece of pipe that was on the pipe storage rack while texting and walking to her car.

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
LOL! "Back in the day" (LOL!), if that were us, my dad would have smacked us upside the head! :D:D

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
I sure hope the San Antonio city council doesn't see this video, they would probably prohibit typewriters in motor vehicles. :D:D

TA will love that one if he sees it. :D

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Thanks for posting! Very good!

·
Registered
29,765 Posts
LOL! "Back in the day" (LOL!), if that were us, my dad would have smacked us upside the head! :D:D
Wow! They had typewriters back then!??? :D :D :D :p :p :p :icon_ nana::icon_ nana::icon_ poke::icon_ poke::icon_ poke::icon_ poke::icon_ rasta::icon_ rasta::icon_ rasta:

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I am starting to think that good manners and politeness are strictly american/english ideals. The wife and I were at the grocery store in a long checkout line. Well, another cashier opened up the next lane, and offered to take the next customer.

Now for those of you who don't know how it's supposed to work, the line is supposed to shift with the customer nearest the belt, but w/o any groceries on that belt yet. That is the "next customer". But all too often the line instead does a big U-turn and what used to be the last customer in line is now the first. And that is not how it is supposed to be.

So, back to the story. The couple in front of us were a hispanic couple. Wifey pointed out to them that the next lane opened up, and motioned for them to take advantage of it. They rushed over there, blasting by us and our cart, and while unloading their groceries they were obviously very pleased with their luck. They looked our way several times and laughed between themselves (we had gotten behind them by this point). They apparently thought we were stupid or somethig for telling them about the next line and not just making a mad dash for it ourselves.

I postulated that this is the way society is headed... that social niceties and polite behavior will eventually be seen as ignorance and stupidity, because everyone will be more concerned with themselves getting any little speck of advantage over others. This was not an isolated incident, and I think that bothers me more.

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Wow! They had typewriters back then!??? :D :D :D :p :p :p :icon_ nana::icon_ nana::icon_ poke::icon_ poke::icon_ poke::icon_ poke::icon_ rasta::icon_ rasta::icon_ rasta:
Yes, when you pressed the key, the little wood pecker inside would peck out the letter. :D:D

·
Registered
17,062 Posts
Impolite people don't bother me.
I love my dogs way too much to have something as insignificant as a person ruin my day.
In a week I will talk to maybe 3 people; my wife, our son (by phone), and the guy I deal with at the music store.
I talk to my dogs all day long. Life is good.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts