Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Registered
Thanks for the post, still a good read even for people that have carried for a while.

Registered
slr777 said:
All I can say is if the dude has to take a gun to the bathroom in his own house its time to move..............
It may be time to move, but if you carry in your home, then the trip to the bathroom is inevitable....

Thanks for the link Smokewagon.

Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
slr777 said:
All I can say is if the dude has to take a gun to the bathroom in his own house its time to move..............
slr777 said:
I am sorry to say, I do not agre with ya'll. My road is quiet, the neighborhood is a nice one (farms and large homes). But the BG, is not gonna slow down while you pull up your pants, and run to your gun. Home invasions happen when you least expect it. That could be when your gun in on the kitchen table, and your on the commode at the other end of the house in the Master Bathroom. Get the point folks, it may never happen, but if it does it could be any ANY time!!

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I ain't movin' either. Robby's neigborhood description fits mine as well. A PT111 lives in a magazine rack in my bathroom. Have no reason to think I'll ever need it there, but if I do... :guns: :shooter:

And you are welcome, RJT CCW!

Registered
slr777 said:
lol well if you're carrying at the time then ya it goes into the bath room with me.
on the other hand i dont have any guns stashed around the house.. nor do i feel the need to have a gun stashed in my bath room all the time.. i will say this though i think it's good to carry even at home.. and i do not like taking a shower at night when im the only one home.. if someone was to do a home invasion or break in it's very hard to hear whats going on unless they make 10 kinds of hell breaking in.

Registered
Informative, but what is up with the Glock-isteria? All the Glock fanboys turned me off to the gun. I'm sure it's a nice firearm, but come on...they think it's the only gun worthy of carrying. Personally I can think of many other guns I would rather own over a Glock. Just my opinion. :rolleyes:

Registered
It is informative but I disagree with their recommendations ammo and holster not to mention the glock (all bow down at the alter of the block). This could have been a great write-up but the opinions of the author bleed through excessively.

Steelheart

Registered
There is no "magic bullet" nor "perfect gun" yet he spreads a lot of ink on what is best in both arenas.

My take has always been (keep it simple)...1, 2, 3, 4 ;)

1. The gun has to be 100% reliable, your life depends on it.

2. The gun has got to fit the shooter's hand for the best control.

3. The shooter must select the gun/caliber he/she can shoot the best.

4. The shooter must practice often to improve his/her skills.

MOONDAWG

Registered
slr777 said:
i have one in both of my bathrooms so i technically dont take it in there.

does that count?

Registered
Robby said:
I am sorry to say, I do not agre with ya'll. My road is quiet, the neighborhood is a nice one (farms and large homes). But the BG, is not gonna slow down while you pull up your pants, and run to your gun. Home invasions happen when you least expect it. That could be when your gun in on the kitchen table, and your on the commode at the other end of the house in the Master Bathroom. Get the point folks, it may never happen, but if it does it could be any ANY time!!
I agree wholeheartedly !!!!! If I am awake I am straped. If I am asleep my carry weapon is within reach (covered) of course by a news paper or something. It can happen at any moment, and the BG ain't gonna give you a time out, or a re do!!

Registered
joe sixpack said:
zip lock baggy in the shower anyone?
I think an older gun writer told the story that when he was young he mowed for a neighbor who was a retired big city detective. One day he had to use the guys bathroom and hanging from the shower head was a double barrel shotgun wrapped in plastic wrap!

I've heard of others sticking a pistol in Tupperware (yes, I think a Glock was mentioned) for while in the shower.

Steelheart

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.