Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I get Taurus to pay me what they owe in my replacement PT111 transfer fee? I have mailed it, emailed it, certified mailed it, and faxed it. One year later..nothing. Contempt of court next. Think Taurus would want to do whatever they can to save customers that were screwed by defective product.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Wasn't the gun sent directly to your house?

It's considered a repair and no FFL should be necessary

AFS

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
I would think???.....that it they sent a "new" gun it would have to go through a ffl, if just a repair- it should come directly to you.
I have sent several handguns in for repair- no ffl needed to send or receive.
I have had 2 handguns replaced- both had to go through a ffl.

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Have you called Taurus about this?

·
Premium Member
5,748 Posts
It seems I read on a previous thread that Taurus was sending all settlement replacement guns to FFL's. Which, in keeping with some of the sentiment above, would be logical, as it is a "new gun" with a new serial number and the ATF needs records of you being tied to that serial number (even though the ATF doesn't keep records, ha ha).

Regardless, look for this to be one of the next methods of gun control, whereby any time a gun leaves your hands, a new background check must be performed to make sure you are still allowed to have a gun. Send it for repair? Background check. Send it for appraisal? Background check. Hand it to the gunsmith so he can get a look at it? Background check. If it ever leaves your hands, you'll have to be verified before you get it back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
FFL rreimbursement

I have certainly called Taurus and waited on hold hour plus each time to get someone barely speaking English. I have sent faxes AND certified letters. Sent replacement gun to licensed FFL dealer... WAS ONLY CHOICE. They charged me $55.

It seems I read on a previous thread that Taurus was sending all settlement replacement guns to FFL's. Which, in keeping with some of the sentiment above, would be logical, as it is a "new gun" with a new serial number and the ATF needs records of you being tied to that serial number (even though the ATF doesn't keep records, ha ha).

Regardless, look for this to be one of the next methods of gun control, whereby any time a gun leaves your hands, a new background check must be performed to make sure you are still allowed to have a gun. Send it for repair? Background check. Send it for appraisal? Background check. Hand it to the gunsmith so he can get a look at it? Background check. If it ever leaves your hands, you'll have to be verified before you get it back.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Don't feel so bad, I've been waiting for the Replacement for a yr....and have been told Twice it would be shipped in X # of weeks (and both times the # was different)

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Guess they are trying to stall as long as possible to save $. Taurus did re-emburse me for transfer fee after about 6 weeks of submitting. Of course this was a few years ago.
Would call and ask for suppervisor.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Apparently the replacement is in, MrsFlyr checked with the ffl yesterday who informed her it's there.....I have no idea how long it's been sitting with them but will (try and) find out when I pick it up later this week (I'm out of town currently)....Now the transfer fee reimbursement fun will begin.

·
Registered
629 Posts
How can I get Taurus to pay me what they owe in my replacement PT111 transfer fee? I have mailed it, emailed it, certified mailed it, and faxed it. One year later..nothing. Contempt of court next. Think Taurus would want to do whatever they can to save customers that were screwed by defective product.
I called the taurus carter settlement number and they told me the payments will be made when Taurus releases the money. I asked when that would be they said I'd have to ask Taurus. Catch22. Might have to ask the Judge.

·
Registered
629 Posts
No I don't. But someone on here posted that they wrote the judge about the type of gun they were getting. I don't remember who it was.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts