1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
37,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
"In custody" is not the same as "arrested".
Not enough details in this story.
It sounds like the police may be holding the homeowner while they sort out what happened.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
In the absence of detailed reporting, read between the lines.

1. "...a man was shot to death during a robbery...", "...charges are pending...", "Charges are expected to be approved...", " "Suspect has been in custody", "...homeowner and everyone who lives at the home were not shot...", "This appears to be an isolated event...", "...does not appear to be a random robbery or attack."

So my take: It's someone the homeowner knew, homeowner claims robbery, shoots and kills dead guy. In this scenario, how could the homeowner be breaking the law? Well, if you consult the map you will see Lindenhurst is just a short drive north on I-94 from....Chicago.

Of course this is all conjecture and could be totally wrong. I certainly hope so.

·
Super Moderator
37,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
did I miss something ? how does this tie in with face to face gun sales

·
Super Moderator
37,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
did I miss something ? how does this tie in with face to face gun sales

The assailants showed up at the shooter's house to purchase a firearm and began beating him with a hammer to rob presumably the gun and whatever else they could steal.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Wow. It's hard to believe both of these stories describe the same event. The first is so devoid of information it leads the reader to believe the homeowner was arrested.

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
Looks like the dead guys wingman is being charged for his involvement, not the homeowner. I have sold guns FTF, but not at 230am. Sounds a bit fishy to me.

Reactions: jtg452 and 230JHP

·
Premium Member
5,505 Posts
Looks like the dead guys wingman is being charged for his involvement, not the homeowner. I have sold guns FTF, but not at 230am. Sounds a bit fishy to me.
Well, I finally figured out what the title of this thread meant. I figured someone was selling a gun that failed to fire. Alrightythen!

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
The assailants showed up at the shooter's house to purchase a firearm and began beating him with a hammer to rob presumably the gun and whatever else they could steal.
I never read the 2nd link and the original link said nothing about buyin a gun

·
Super Moderator
37,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

ILLinois law calls for FTF transactions to have the seller contact the state police to run the buyer info through their computer and obtain an approval code similar to NICS by your FFL.

I missed the 0230 time of the deal...probably couldn't get that approval at that hour of the morning either.

·
Registered
72 Posts
What kind of a DA do you have to be in the first place to bring a hammer to rob someone you know has a gun? That's one. Second what kind of DA do you have to be to do the FTF at your own house?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,832 Posts
I ain't selling to or buying a gun from someone that I don't know.

If you choose to, there's 2 important words to remember.

Neutral sites.

I don't know you, you don't know me. You ain't coming to my house to do a deal.

You have no need to know where I live or what steps I have taken to protect my home. Yeah, I knkw Google is your friend and my address can be looked up in seconds. Google doesn't show cameras, locks, windows, .... either. Walking up onto my porch does.

I also ain't going to yours.

Partly, because of the same reasons mentioned above but, mostly, because I don't know you and ain't giving you home field advantage if you have ill intentions.

The local PD's and Sheriff's Depts have a couple parking spots in their lots designated for FTF exchanges that are under video surveillance for the safety of both parties.

Gotta be a real hardcore DA to try to strong arm someone that's most likely armed in the parking lot of the local police department.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts