Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Battleship Gun Range Style

799 views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Phreddie30.06 
#1 ·
Went to the indoor range with my oldest son today....ok, truth be told my only son. But none the less we had a great time. After the first hour and a half we were the only two remaining out of the group of six people that arrived when the range opened. So LJ asked if I would like to play a game of Battleship. I had no idea what he was talking about but said sure I'm game.

Well what it consist of if you get two large targets. Each target has pictures of a couple of battleships, submarines, and smaller vessels. Depending on the size of the vessel each will have one to 3 red dot targets. Each shooter shoots at the target in their lane of fire, but the target represents the other shooters naval fleet. You can shoot one shot each or what ever number of shots agreed on, then the other player fires the same number of rounds.

It was a blast, just like playing a game of "BATTLESHIP" like when we were kids, but only with live fire. For what it's worth, I lost. But he cheated. He was shooting a Kimber 1911 .45 that shoots better than he does. I was using a Taurus PT-809 that only shoots as well as I do.

#2 ·
I saw those a while back when I was browsing online for targets, looks like fun. I thought about getting some but I usually go to the range alone.

#3 ·
I'm planning on going back to the range by myself and purchased a few so I can practice, practice, practice and whoop that boy in sinking his battleship.

Just need to match the right ammunition with the right firearm. Maybe I need to pull out one of the PT-1911 and give it a go.

#4 ·
:huh:...does Taurus make a PT-109? :mellow:...wait...:unsure:...that one didn't go so well. :smile:...how 'bout a PT-73?!

Reactions: jonrjen
#9 ·
Me too...:sad:...but we were to poor to buy the battleships...:unsure:...so we just called it garbage scow.

#11 ·
Yep, my range has had those off and on for quite soem time now, they also have BINGO, BIN Laden targets, Carnival shotout targets( Ducks etc), draw poker etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.