Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

we have a main problem here. We can not get any Viridian batteries in EU, so I tried no name batteries for my customers - same type, same specs, same size. The problem is, they simply run out in 2-3 days. I tried 3 different names/ types - its all the same, they dischrage in 2-3 days. Any ideas what to do? Thanks

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
How many different pistols has this been a problem with (guessing most of the batteries being sold world wide are made in China)?

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
What batteries are they. Maybe someone on this side of the pond could ship some over...:)

·
Registered
37,067 Posts
I would contact the manufacture of the laser myself and ask them for recommendations.
you wouldn't like MY suggestion of getting rid of the lasers anyway, just one more thing to become reliant on that as you see can fail at a very important moment, but hey that's me.
and before you ask--Tritium Sights.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I would contact the manufacture of the laser myself and ask them for recommendations.
you wouldn't like MY suggestion of getting rid of the lasers anyway, just one more thing to become reliant on that as you see can fail at a very important moment, but hey that's me.
and before you ask--Tritium Sights.
A Taurus Curve with tritium sights might be somewhat unique.

·
Premium Member
17,735 Posts
I'm not aware that there's anything special about Viridian batteries. Just a lithium battery. The problem with those of course is shipping them. U.S. rules disallow shipping batteries alone, only installed in the equipment they are intended to be used in. It seems cargo aircraft kept bursting into flames.

I'd contact Viridian and ask them for a generic replacement for the EU. But if you have some that are the same specs I too would suspect the laser unit, not the battery.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Do they use button cell watch type batteries? If so what I'll add is that I've discovered that in my red dot sight I have to get the batteries that are wrapped in plastic. What I mean is that they sell the 3 batteries I need stacked up, with a heatshrunk plastic tube on them. If I put the batteries in loose by contacting the metal sidewall they discharge without the sight actually being turned on. When I bought it they had a plastic sleeve inside, but I like an idiot threw it away. Hope that idea helps.

·
Registered
37,067 Posts
A Taurus Curve with tritium sights might be somewhat unique.
yea its really hard to bend them radioactive Vials for sure!
but hey if they can figure out a way to bend the light beam from a laser then the Trits should be simple.
actually I was referring to MY choice for a defensive hand gun the use of tritium sights VS a laser.
I dunt own no Curve.

·
Registered
507 Posts
yea its really hard to bend them radioactive Vials for sure!
but hey if they can figure out a way to bend the light beam from a laser then the Trits should be simple.
actually I was referring to MY choice for a defensive hand gun the use of tritium sights VS a laser.
I dunt own no Curve.
Actually that is another issue. The Curve don't need no stinking sights and in fact don't even have no stinking sights.

Long long ago and in a land far far away I used to eat smoke as well.

·
Registered
37,067 Posts
Actually that is another issue. The Curve don't need no stinking sights and in fact don't even have no stinking sights.

Long long ago and in a land far far away I used to eat smoke as well.

BURRRRP!!! yea I love Bar B Que restaurant fires myself!
a great many mini pocket pistolas are void of sights.
I however find sights on any gun quite desirable.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts