Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
saw this posted elsewhere from the TMZ website:

TMZ

·
Super Moderator
21,440 Posts
Wow that changes a few ways I look at the show. Will is always bossing people around like he's the big Boss and come to find out he's a criminal made to look that way for a show. I don't really care fore the workmanship anyways. I think they just dress up a gun but do nothing for its shoot ability. Plus they steal product designs from other companies like their fold out hiking gun. total Magpul rip off.

Reactions: aquajim

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
WHOA!
I wonder if that means he lost his Class 3 license?

They sure kept that news under the radar.

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
The link didn't work for me, but if the ATF is involved I'm skeptical! :)

Reactions: MadKaw

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
I wonder if Kris is one of the two?
Wouldn't that be a hoot!
After all the crap he went through with Will about Stephanie.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Well while I don't feel sorry for these clowns at all, I think their workmanship is lousy at best (build a 1k yard AK and tell the dude to "eyeball it" when working on the chamber... really??? or how about this dude [video=youtube;JfC8bFyJQiA]http://youtu.be/JfC8bFyJQiA]Red Jacket Firearms AKS-74U Update. - YouTube[/url] ) their ideas aren't to original to like back to that 1k yard AK a fellow by the name of Mark Krebs has been working on one in 6.5 Grendal ( Behind the Scenes with Marc Krebs and the 6.5 Grendel - YouTube[/video] ) or that "Katana" AR15 which, I'll admit I don't build AR15s but those run for a pretty coin on their site and frankly seem like a huge ripoff to me I don't think they did anything special to it other then put that RJ roll mark into the receiver. That said...

... How many guns has Eric Holder lost??? And this is kinda old news. I don't feel sorry for these guys cause I think their a buncha clowns but really...

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Wow. So much for being the Boss.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I haven't heard folks talk about T.V. actors so much since my Grandmother (God rest her soul) used to talk about the characters in her daytime soap operas! :D

(Just ribbin' you guys!)

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
I watch Son's of Guns and American Guns though I find them both lacking. My favorite gun show is Triggers on the Military Channel. Other than the "star" giving his qualifications in the opening credits he always has experts with what ever gun he is discussing on the show. I might add the show is about guns not personalities and in my opinion if you haven't seen it with access to the Military channel it is well worth a look.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Goes to show how true to life this show is! Yet another reason I cant watch these types of shows.

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
I can not stand all the drama in that show. There is no way that happens.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I believe all those so called "reality" shows are like that, especially on the History (choke!) Channel. I read on another forum that the Pawn Stars episode with the Hotchiss rotary cannon was totally fraudulent, the owner never had any intention of selling it, the whole sales drama was staged by the producers. I don't even trust Top Shot, I would never want to share a range with some of the egos on that show.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Yeah they crack me up sometimes, but their mildly entertaining so I watch them sometimes.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Nothing I can see. Looks like an AR15 with 1:7 twist barrel and magpul furniture. Other companies have the same stuff for hundreds less.

·
Registered
10,781 Posts
The Katana AR wasn't Haydens idea, but was brought to him by Tiger McKee. This was made evident in the show. So, what makes it as huge rip-off? The fact that only top tier parts are used, perhaps? Or the minimalist nature of the guns? That's by McKee's design, by the way.

I am also a but suspicious of "random checks" finding "guns missing". Many times the guns are still there, just hiding behind a transposed number, or two. BATFE is desperate to find something that will enable them to hold up and say "see, we're doing our legal jobs".

Mark Krebs? His fame has come from building working AK47 rifles. They cost WAY more than what you can buy other places, too. Does that make HIM a rip-off, too?

"Will is always bossing people around like he's the big Boss and come to find out he's a criminal made to look that way for a show."

Where does that come from? He still founded RJ, and was in charge until this occurred. In fact, unless he has been convicted of a felony, he's hardly a criminal made to look like the boss. Maybe he has a future in politics. How about some facts there on the criminal aspect.

·
Registered
237 Posts
What a dissapointment, we only watched it for intertainment anyway but still dissapointing. It would be funny if Kris was one of the owners! American Guns is just lame.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
The Katana AR wasn't Haydens idea, but was brought to him by Tiger McKee. This was made evident in the show. So, what makes it as huge rip-off? The fact that only top tier parts are used, perhaps? Or the minimalist nature of the guns? That's by McKee's design, by the way.

I am also a but suspicious of "random checks" finding "guns missing". Many times the guns are still there, just hiding behind a transposed number, or two. BATFE is desperate to find something that will enable them to hold up and say "see, we're doing our legal jobs".

Mark Krebs? His fame has come from building working AK47 rifles. They cost WAY more than what you can buy other places, too. Does that make HIM a rip-off, too?

"Will is always bossing people around like he's the big Boss and come to find out he's a criminal made to look that way for a show."

Where does that come from? He still founded RJ, and was in charge until this occurred. In fact, unless he has been convicted of a felony, he's hardly a criminal made to look like the boss. Maybe he has a future in politics. How about some facts there on the criminal aspect.
Well like I said I don't know much about AR15's but it seems high 1800 and a six month wait for what you get. What I see is a rifle that they used the lightest parts they could find, buds has a carbon 15 with a reddot for 699 that weighs 5 pounds Bushmaster CAR15 223 16 BSH REDDOT $699.00 SHIPS FREE is it as good at the Katana? No freeking way, but is the Katana 1200 bucks better? To some yeah but to me it seems pretty high. That said if I got any gun from red jacket it would be that one cause it is a real cool rifle just 1800 is a heck of alot of coin to me and *if* I spent that on one gun I can think of ones I would rather have.

And yeah Krebs is high for what you get to but if I were to drop that kind of coin on an AK it would be a Krebs job. I never said he wasn't high but he does alot to his guns to. Like check the headspace and doesn't "eyeball it"... I brought up Krebs because he's working on a long range AK to and on the show they made it sound like it had never been done before.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts