Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a PT24/7 G2C, 40 S&W. I was looking at it the other day and noticed that the front sight was loose! I just moved from Nevada to Oregon and don't have any of my tools, and I don't know what size wrench to tighten it back down with. The tools that came with the pistol don't seem to work. Also, This pistol is completely ambidextrous, but it is extremely hard (almost impossible) to drop the slide from the right side of the gun (lefty), but works fine on the left side of the gun (like if you were right handed). Are these problems common? Some insight would be appreciated. The front sight is my main problem. Thanks

KW

p.s. I just reposted this from the new member introduction spot.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Most (but NOT all) of the newer Taurus models use a 2mm Allen/HEX wrench for the rear sight and a 1.5mm for the front.

Get a GOOD QUALITY Allen wrench and they will serve you well - the cheap softer ones get to be very frustrating when the round off the edges.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
ya i just don't know what size. Thanks tho.
A good quality METRIC Allen wrench set in the smaller sizes is only a few dollars at Lowe's and Home Depot. Even the house brands with the lifetime warranty are decent.

As long as the set has 1.5 and 2mm wrenches you should find a pair that fits perfectly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts