Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
newbie here.

I've read in several postings where some say they have shot thousands of rounds through their guns.
What about barrel wear?

Also, I just purchased a used PT92. It is in transit to my FFL dealer. Due here Tue or Wed.
Can I send this gun to Taurus for a checkup and cleaning?
Would they fix anything broken under their lifetime warranty?
I read their repair info. There is a $35 labor charge for non warranty repair.
I plan on calling Taurus Monday morning.

Anyone have any info regarding the above before I call?

dlw

·
Registered
276 Posts
The Taurus warranty extends to the gun; so you are covered under the warranty. Like any legal document, their warranty does carry some fine print, so go to their website and read the warranty information closely (I can't recall if it is in a FAQ or not, but I seem to remember seeing it).

I spend the extra money and give the business to a local gunsmith I can trust. If you do that you will usually get the gun back much faster than if you let Taurus take the gun and smithys usually guarantee their work long enough for you to uncover any problems they might have created.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I have a PT92 that I purchased back in the early 1980's. Still has the original barrel and just as accurate as the day I bought it, even after untold amounts of ammo shoot from her. I would venture to guess it is well in excess of 50,000 rds. based on it being one of my favorite pistols and the amount I shoot ever year.

As for your new (used) gun coming... You can send it to Taurus, but I would only do that if it has a problem. Cleaning is something you should be able to do and it will make you more familiar with your weapon. If there is anything wrong with the firearm it will usually show up while disassembled or after shooting the firearm. Being I am a smithy, I like people to bring in firearms for simple little things like cleaning and a check up :)

It's your money, so it is really up to you. Persoanlly I'd clean it, shoot it and go from there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DRAEGER
Are you aware of any instructions or manual on how to assemble and reassemble the gun for cleaning?
Is so, will you share that info with me?

dlw

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Qwiks draw,

Thanks for the info.
This info is for the 1911.
I'm getting a PT92.
I downloaded the manual for the PT92 from Taurus.
Thanks again.

dlw

1 - 8 of 8 Posts