·
Super Moderator
13,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
That's a right smart looking pistol right there. I think $350 is on the low end of its value. I would say $400 on the top end.
Yeah, that's the issue with asking prices on a national forum. Prices vary greatly depending on the local market. Here, that would be a hard sell at anything over $350. Other areas, that same gun might bring near retail. In this area you can get 90% of retail for a used Glock. I think it's insane, but these people will pay it. On the other hand, there is a Remington 870 Wingmaster for $200 that has been listed for a month and was just bumped again today. I'm very tempted to give that one a home! LoL

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
37,235 Posts
Well...have you bought it yet?

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,241 Posts
TnC will drag his feet until they bleed!

But they have him ballparked pretty good, IMHO

You would pay more for it, if we were closer :D

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Super Moderator
37,235 Posts
TnC will drag his feet until they bleed!

But they have him ballparked pretty good, IMHO

You would pay more for it, if we were closer :D
Sometimes the longer you wait, the less they'll take.

Reactions: jwc007

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
I live nowhere near Lowe's New Mexico so there is no value to me. If it was local I would start at $250.00 and go from there.
$250.00 is what I paid for my PT92C. After that it's all up to you and how bad do you want it.

·
Registered
17,459 Posts
At $350, if you add shipping and FFL transfer fees, you'll have $400 in it. That's about standard for a plain 92. I think My stainless cost me $425 total.

·
Super Moderator
13,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Never said I wanted to buy it, guys, just asking what a fair value would be, since no price is included in the listing. When I get my next 9mm, it'll be a Block. Smock. Spock. Glock. Whatever.

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Registered
14,095 Posts
Never said I wanted to buy it, guys, just asking what a fair value would be, since no price is included in the listing. When I get my next 9mm, it'll be a Block. Smock. Spock. Glock. Whatever.
Now there you go, just being a big tease!!!! Getting the rest of the family all excited to spend your money, and what do you do? You drop out like a lead balloon in the Thanksgiving day parade.

All I am going to say about the Block Glock is to not by it in a 9mm. Go for a .40sw model. Then you can downsize with a conversion barrel to shoot 9mm for about $150. Or you can biggie size it and go to the 357Sig round, again the cost for the conversion barrel would be about $150. The 357sig and the .40sw are the same magazine. Some have luck with using the .40sw magazine feeding 9mm ammunition.....but some don't.

As for the PT92, it is getting more rare to find good condition actual stainless steel versions, you can find the painted stainless coated finish all day long.

OR, you could go buy a PT-111 while supplies are still available in the $200 price range. I just picked up another yesterday in dog poo brown frame with black slide. Looks better than it sounds.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
But a PT-111 is not a PT92. I could see buying a PT92 then buying a PT-111 if one's budget can handle it.
Me, I'll keep my PT92AF and enjoy using it at the range and in steel matches! Since I have a PT92AF, I don't see much reason to get a PT-111...but that's me.

·
Registered
14,095 Posts
But a PT-111 is not a PT92. I could see buying a PT92 then buying a PT-111 if one's budget can handle it.
Me, I'll keep my PT92AF and enjoy using it at the range and in steel matches! Since I have a PT92AF, I don't see much reason to get a PT-111...but that's me.
Reason has nothing to do with it, if it did my gun locker would be empty.....LOL!!!

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
I find it interesting that used gun prices are all over the place depending on areas. Heck even in Florida there is a big swing in prices. I have seen many used PT-92's priced at or higher than new PT-92's. In South Florida used gun prices are near new prices. The farther north in Florida I go the used prices are generally lower.

The gun posted in the OP in my mind is worth $325 tops. In South Florida it would easily carry a price tag of $450 and if the seller held out would probably get it.

Reactions: jwc007

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I have a PT 92 I bought in July of 2015 new for $360.00 at Buds. I don't know how much difference The SS finish would bring used.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I bought this from LGS. It was listed on ArmsList but I didn't know that at the time. It is 10 years old and hardly used. The decocker was so stiff I thought it was defective until I worked it a few times. I put its reliability right up there with the 1911. I paid $300 for it. It is one of the last ones I'd get rid of if I ever decided to get rid of any. The grips are Thailand specials. I love the gun

1 - 19 of 19 Posts