Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: 777Driver

·
Registered
3,935 Posts

·
Super Moderator
37,646 Posts
The lawyers will be happy. Seems like the folks who sell concealed carry insurance should include a rider on their policies to help an accused gun owner in their defense. It would certainly be a selling point for their product.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I dunno what Colorado's Red Flag has to do with Legalized Marijuana, but then again I haven't really been following the legislation in Colorado since I don't live there, nor do I ever intend to.

Also, pardon me if I'm making an ignorant statement here as I will admit to having a rather low opinion of those who smoke Marijuana as unfortunately every last person I ever met who smoked Marijuana was a complete burnout who made my life harder at every turn due to their constant procrastinating, laziness, and devil-may-care attitude towards everything, not to mention their constant condescension towards anyone who didn't opt to blaze up as a solution to every single issue which caused them stress in life, but... *takes deep breath* ...Perhaps said law wouldn't have passed in the first place if they weren't suffering from impaired judgment brought on by over-indulgence in recreational drugs. Funny how trying to put a wall of vapor between yourself and all of your troubles does not in fact make them magically go away, but rather they grow worse in your absence and everyone else gets screwed over as a consequence.
Again, sorry, but you have no idea how much stress I had to put up with, especially in my young adulthood thanks to begin surrounded by people who just smoked all their cares away.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
In Ohio, if you use legal medical marijuana, you lose your CHL and if caught under its influence with a gun, it's lose the gun and possible jail. This was made clear before the medical marijuana law went into effect. It was also made clear, if you test positive at work, you can be fired.

Maloy

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Going back to what the article actually talks about (marijuana is mentioned in the linked article exactly ZERO times), the ERPO bandwagon is disturbing in that it provides a means to take away a person's Constitutionally guaranteed rights with no due process, beyond a 'hearing'.

Everyone is familiar with how lawyers 'judge-shop' in hopes of getting a favorable tilt in the outcome. The state's interests in taking away guns -- if not the judges' own political agendas -- virtually ensures that the judges most likely to hear ERPO cases will be leaning towards restricting guns.

Just another step of the nanny state finding ways to ensure it can decide things for people who might not make the decisions the states want.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts