Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
To me, I think that if you to I tried to show that badge, we would have a heap of explaining to do. I saw them the other day and thought no way, no how. The CCW issued by your home state is by far and away the better way to go. IMHO!

·
Registered
539 Posts
I think they are goofy; the one for Texas says Concealed Weapons Permit when it should read Concealed Handgun License. Not to mention that people would probably laugh their a** off when I tried to show it to them; after they shot me of course!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mrglock said:
I think they are goofy; the one for Texas says Concealed Weapons Permit when it should read Concealed Handgun License. Not to mention that people would probably laugh their a** off when I tried to show it to them; after they shot me of course!
Uh, I basically agree with you, but their sales pitch is that the badges identify you quickly as permit owners to the cops, not as cops to BG's. Heck, even cops don't flash badges to stop BG shooters. As a matter of fact, I'm of the opinion that a badge serves VERY well as a "shoot me first" notice to any BG, much as a uniform does.

I don't see either idea working to any benefit, but I thought maybe I was just missing something.

JimL

·
Administrator
40,158 Posts
Badges? We don't need no stinking badges! :drool:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Besides the fact that Pennsylvania issues a License to Carry Firearms and not a CCW these are just plain stupid. I wonder how many dolts actually have bought these worthless pieces of crap.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Did you look at the costs if you want their additional items to go with it.

Gee, does anyone remember the fun a couple years ago, over fake badges, for various alleged government departments that were used to access secure area's, And some people got away with it for a while.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Robby said:
does anyone remember the fun a couple years ago, over fake badges, for various alleged government departments
They weren't actually badges, but when I was 15 I found some pewter and 3 letter stamps, A, L and W. I melted some pewter and poured it into a tablespoon, molding 3 "things." I used the stamps to put LAW on each one and showed them around. :devil: I could barely keep a straight face when people oohed and awed over them! :D :p :rolleyes: ;D

JimL

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
When I get it I plan to carry my CCDW permit, and my Drivers License right with each other. No fumbling, so I give a LEO all the information he might need if I am ever stopped.

Of course, I drive with cruise control set at the posted speed. Of course now KY, has gone to 70 MPH on most roads I drive on.
So I do not expect to get stopped.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I am a cop and yes I would laugh my a** off it someone showed that CCW badge to me. They are useless as an identification tool and make you look like a fool basically.

If you're carrying concealed I want to know right away if I should happen to pull you over, even if you're not required to tell me. Best way to do that is hand your CCW with your license. That way I'm more comfortable and you will be also. ;) :)

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
NYPD in AZ said:
Best way to do that is hand your CCW with your license. That way I'm more comfortable and you will be also. ;) :)
It occurs to me that flashing one of those badges could trigger a call to "Bellevue." Or as it would be said locally, "Moccasin Bend." :wave:

JimL

·
Registered
124 Posts
JimL said:
It occurs to me that flashing one of those badges could trigger a call to "Bellevue." Or as it would be said locally, "Moccasin Bend." :wave:

JimL
Say what???

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
BigBadBull said:
Say what???
Bellevue, New York's proverbial TV straight jacket city. "The white-coats are coming!!" The jibber ward. In genuine hospital lingo, "Psych ward."

JimL

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Smokewagon said:
Badges? We don't need no stinking badges! :drool:
A great big gigantic fat ditto!!

·
Registered
354 Posts
It's just a gimmick to appeal to the wannabe cops and to take the sucker's money.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts