Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:I was on Sig Sauer's forum and put that I was thinking about purchasing a 24/7 Pro LS 45 and all I got back where bad review's! Why say something that is not true! I am very happy that I went on and ordered the 24/7 Pro LS 45 and was so pleased that I have now gotten the 24/7 OSS 9MM! I hate that these have been discontinued! I also own a Sig Sauer that I am thinking about selling to get one more 24/7 OSS while I still can! I hope that everybody will not always listen to the other forums and not ask around and make up their own mind! I want to thank Taurus for so far 2 of the best side arms that I have! JRM 454 NC

·
Registered
34,138 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Yeah, bashers abound everywhere. It seems like the more expensive the firearm that the bashers favor the more loudly they bash the less expensive brands. Sig Sauer makes some very nice guns. I've owned a few and I like them. But the hard core Sig boys can not stand the though of anyone enjoying anything other than their brand. The truth be told Sig has just as many problem guns ans any manufacturer does. Most of their fan boys have never shot, much less owned, a Taurus. Nothing screams "rookie" or "newby" louder than some internet commando spewing out hate focused on other brands. Anybody with any real gun experience will tell you that almost all manufacturers make a decent gun, and almost all manufacturers occasionally have a few quality control issues. Sigs are nice guns but so are Taurus guns. Each has a niche and each has it's own pluses and minuses depending on how the owner intends to use the gun. If all guns were capable of doing all things, we'd only need one brand, and one model, in one caliber, and wouldn't that be boring?

·
Super Moderator
21,441 Posts
Some people have to put other companies down to justify the high price they paid for their guns. Some Gun companies make a pretty good gun but they still have issues.
Glock, Sig, H&K to name a few believe that their guns were forged by lightening from Zeus. I normally let it go as all guns can and will break down sooner then later.
By the way I have had a Glock 19 break a firing pin game over, Thank God it was at the range. And a Sig double feed, This for those that don't know is a major bad thing to happen in a gun fight. It is one of the most difficult failures to fix while being shot at.

So to answer your question hating certain brands is a waste of time. IMO

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Sigs are nice but I find them to be to heavy and pricey. I love my 24/7 and with the extra money I saved, I was able to also buy a holster and some ammo.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I own a sig, I have owned a taurus is the past. I also own rugers, berettas, S&W. I have never had any real trouble with any of them and would trust my life to all. Like others have said many times, all manufacturers have issues, it really depends on how they stand behind their product.

I would not hesitate to own another taurus in the future.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Haters gonna hate.

Like 45Forever said, some people with expensive toys cannot come to terms with the fact that something costing a fraction of what they paid can work just as well. Some Taurii do have problems, but Taurus will fix them no questions asked and that's more than can be said about most "top tier" manufacturers. Just shoot the thing and decide for yourself. Maybe you help to spread the word to the elitists.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Welcome to being a fan of Taurus firearms. You will still get a lot of flack for wanting or owning a Taurus. Just laugh and enjoy.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Welcome to the great fraternity of Taurus handgun owners!

We've always got room for another dyed-in-the-wool Taurus guy (or gal) on this forum. :D

I can honestly say that my decision to join this forum has provided me with countless hours of enjoyable reading, posting, and exchanging information and experiences with the guys and gals of TaurusArmed.net.

As a bonus, I’ve also made a lot of great friends along the way, too, who have greatly enriched my life.

·
Banned
171 Posts
Why say something that is not true!
In the context you use it this statement is misleading.

It is very possible someone there actually had a bad experience with one. I am not defending them but like stated before every company has issues at some point.

I do agree most people just seem to jump on the bandwagon and repeat stuff the read on the i net and it gets really old really fast.

·
Banned
171 Posts
And a Sig double feed, This for those that don't know is a major bad thing to happen in a gun fight. It is one of the most difficult failures to fix while being shot at.
with rounds flying in bound I am sure it is, however with practice it should be easy at the range

Here is an excellent vid on the subject by Clint Smith I think everyone should watch at least once.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I love my 24/7 it is my EDC along with my bedside gun it has never failed and is very accurate that said I was on the XD forum awhile back arguing with a guy that had a bad experience with a pt92 and was trashing the entire brand because of it ... that only makes that person sound like an idiot and you cant fix stupid, that said I have seen lemons from almost every manufacture GLOCK , Sig ,Beretta and H&K all of them could be repaired however and then I have seen quite a few that were operator error and some that were caused by the ammo especially reloads . the point is you need to pick which gun is best for you for its intended purpose whether that gun be a hipoint , taurus , whatever the same gun will not be the same for everyone .

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
Welcome aboard from Florida the "GunShine" state.

Buy what you like and f**k what gun snobs say.
My thoughts exactly!

Except, I'll say welcome from north Texas!

I like both Sig and Taurus!

·
Registered
36,032 Posts
well a lot of the problems with the Taurus Banner is that the number of new shooters is high!
I mean is a new shooter going to buy a 800 dollar Sig or Colt are likely to buy a 300--400 dolalr Taurus?
Likely the 400 buck Taurus as a starter pistol.
and so problems arise that many experienced shooters would realize the problem and correct it, this is all so common in sighting, extraction, feeding isuues many times a simple field strip and cleaning or proper sight aqusition corrects.
and the Taurus repair has not been stellar in the past in all occasions as well.
i have had no problems with Taurus, Sig or beretta repair stations personally and woud rank all three in my cases as about equal.
But the interenet commandoes are well and busy in regards to spreading things that they have heard.

Reactions: wiredgeorge

·
Registered
420 Posts
I also own a Sig Sauer that I am thinking about selling...
So what are you thinking about selling? I'm always in the market for a good Sig.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
I love all guns, why the hate? I have gun's from 10 different mfg's and want more. I go to a gun store and get all warm and fuzzy inside and wish I had a shopping cart and a big gift certificate.

·
Super Moderator
21,441 Posts
with rounds flying in bound I am sure it is, however with practice it should be easy at the range

Here is an excellent vid on the subject by Clint Smith I think everyone should watch at least once.

Pistol Malfunction Clearance - YouTube
Thats a great video but in my case the mag was stuck pretty hard as with many double feeds and requires some serious attitude to remove it. My point is that any gun can and will have a misfire and you need to be ready to deal with it. I've shot many Sig's and they are nice guns I have one that my father owns that will be mine someday. I use that drill almost every time and it works . But there are times when you have the exception. Thats all I was pointing out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts