Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I was checking on a post at another forum today, and gee, you tell some people that you are buying a Taurus and they get all uppity.

I have 2 S&W's and 1 Ruger. I'm looking forward to try my new Taurus. As a matter of fact, they ribbed barrel revolvers look much more modern then any S&W. Not to mention they are a bit less expensive.

But I don't understand all this nay saying. ??? Do people just need something to complain about? Are these people against anything different? Or just quality firearms at a good price?

I would tend to believe them, if my Grandpa-in-law didn't have a PT24/7 with 5,000 + rounds thru it. And not a single problem. Imagine that.

I'll get off my rant now. I just needed to vent. :soapbox:

Thanks , familywgn

·
Registered
625 Posts
It's a common occurance. Taurus made some "iffy" guns in the past and it seems that people can't imagine a company improving. You'll also see a lot of "I have a friend that..." types of threads from people who do not own, and never have owned a Taurus.

I have never had a problem out of any of my Taurus guns.

Todd

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Just wait till you take a PT1911 to a range full of Springfield's, Kimbers and assorted other 1911's... LMAO! The guy with the Springfield and Rock Island arsenal 1911 said he would only buy an "American Made firearm" and told me I was an idiot for explaining that Springfield's are made in Brazil and Rock Island arsenal is Philippines.

The guy with the 2 kimbers had problems with one that wouldn't feed properly (he said it was to cold for his gun oil) and the other didn't group well (his error I am sure). My PT1911 worked flawlessly and more accurate then the other 1911's.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've had less problems with Taurus products,than any others I've had.People who usually have bad things to say about Taurus's either never had one,or heard from a friend of a friend that someone had a lemon.Talk to most Taurus owners ad you'll get another story.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a PT22 & a PT92 both have been great.
Some people do have problems. But I look at it this way.
Some folks have bad luck with Fords and love Chevy.
Some have bad luck with Chevy and love Fords.
No ryme or reason for it, just how things are.
So why not guns???

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have six Rugers, four Smiths, and one Taurus, a Model 85-2". Have only had trouble with one, my M-19 Smith, when after 24 years the hammer nose (firing pin) broke.
Took my carry guns out Friday for some exercise. Did lousy. I felt shakey and sore, and couldn't group worth a darn. (doesn't happen often, but I hate it when it does. But that little Taurus 85 two inch did a good job for 10 yard point-n-shoot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts