Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cleaning my wife's new 24/7 9mm for the first time tonight and noticed these markings on the barrel. It looks like someone turned on the lathe too early or something. I don't think it will affect the operation of the gun and you can't see it unless you disassemble it, nonetheless it was somewhat concerning to me. Has anyone else noticed imperfections of this nature on their 24/7?

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Consider it a birthmark. Fit and finish at Taurus is fairly good overall but occasionally you'll get a few that slip by quality control. But I agree, it doesn't look like it will affect function of the gun.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I dont know it seems that you might have problems with your feed ramp i just looked at mine and that looks like they circumcised that thing alot I personally would call taurus to tell them and see what they say you never know one day your wife could be shooting HP in it and it get snagged, thats never good

·
Registered
325 Posts
not an expert but i doubt that would cause the gun to not work correctly. cosmetic damage that can be blamed on the wife if your lagging behind in the brownie points department. haha

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Just shoot it and if you have problems take it back where you bought it. Taurus will give you a new barrel if your gun needs it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
It looks fine to me. Worst case scenario, if the cosmetic damage is bothering you, then take call taurus. If you did I wouldnt blame you. you paid for it with your hard earned money.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.