Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Firing Line has a thread going for people to post what gun was most disappointing for them. I just spent some time compiling a list of all the guns people have not been happy with....

*AMT Backup….
*Beretta Tomcat…Beretta Bobcat…Beretta Cougar…Beretta 92…Beretta 92FS…Beretta 9000s…Beretta 96… Beretta Jaguar… Beretta 950…Beretta Neos .22…
*Bersa Thunder…Bersa Mini-Thunder…
*Browning BMD..Browning Hi-Power…
*Charter Arms Bulldog .44…Charter Arms Undercover…
*Cheyenne Arms .22…
*Colt Govt 1911… Colt 1991A…Colt 1911 Combat Elite…Colt Combat Commander…Colt Series 70 MK IV… Colt Python…Colt Detective…Colt Government Stainless…
*CZ75b…CZ97B…CZ P-01…
*Detonics Mini .45…
*Desert Eagle .50AE…
*EAA Witness…
*FA 83…
*FEG PA63…
*FN BHP…
*Glock 19… …Glock 20… Glock 21… Glock 23…Glock 26…Glock 27…Glock 36…
*Grendel P-10 pistol…
*Heritage Arms Rough Rider…
*Hi Point .380…Hi Point .45… High Point, 9mm
*HK usp .45…HK usp compact…P2000sk…P2000…USP40…
*Jennings 22…
*KAHR MK9…Kahr PM40…Kahr K9…Kahr P9…
*KelTec 9…KelTec P11…KelTec P3AT…KelTec P-32
*Kimber Pro BP Ten II… Kimber Grand Raptor…Kimber Ultra II…
*Llama 1911…
*Mac 11…
*Mauser HSC .380…
*NAA Mini….NAA Guardian…
*Para P13…Para Ordnance P-12
*Raven .25 auto
*Rock Island Armory 1911
*Ruger 4" GP-100…Ruger 9mm auto… Ruger Mini 14…Ruger SP101…Ruger Blackhawks…Ruger P91… Ruger P85…Ruger Redhawk .44mag…Ruger P95…Ruger P90…Ruger MKIII Hunter…Ruger Super Redhawk…
*Savage .22…
*SKYY CPX-1…
*Sig Mosquito… Sig 226…Sig 229…Sig P245…Sig Trailside…Sig P232…Sig 230…
*S&W J frame .22s Smith & Wesson 520…S&W 617…S&Ws…S&W63…S&W360PD… Sigmas… S&W model 59…S&W940…S&W 2214…S&W 3953…S&W457…S&W60…S&W 610…S&W 651…
*Springfield Armory xd 45…XD 9MM…Springfield 1911 GI…
*Sterling 302 .22…
*Taurus PT140…Taurus .22mag…Taurus .44…Taurus M85…Taurus PT22…PT1911…Taurus 4410… Taurus 617T…Taurus PT145…Taurus Tracker…
*Walther PPK/S…Walther P99…Walther P22…
*Wilson Combat 1911…

Wow...I guess Taurus IS bad....hahahahaha!

·
32,569 Posts
Wellllllll....... Taurus is bad. In street slang being "bad" was considered good. Had a mostly minority bowling team I was on and the team name was, "We Bad". We were too, at the start of the season.LOL.

So....let me see if I have this correct.

My 4 Taurus revolvers and two semi-autos that all have longevity, dureability,and have given sterling service are considered bad by some of the respondents. I can live with that.
Whether they were telling the truth or not is up for major debate. :)

Everyone of the brands,makes, and models has daily posts of troubles with new guns. Usually a these can subscribed to newbies or others who have little experience or have put little time into learning the basics all way around, about what it takes to shoot and maintain a gun. Or .... the assembly lines for all the major brands do have a spotty record in having a example leaving in less than perfect condition.

What's the sense in joining and posting how bad an example a certain gun is? This all is anecdotal evidence.

This might lift a load off of someone's chest, but that's all it does, if the claim is true.

There is no substitute for actual knowledge and first hand experience. :)

That is quite a lengthy list and could go on forever. Been to gunshows where many examples would fit on the "do not buy" list. Not worth printing all those failures.

·
32,569 Posts
I have noticed at the gun forums there are a lot of complaints about guns bought used.Most of the troubles would have been observed if the gun was inspected closely and a few tests, with the gun seller's premission (dryfiring), were done.

Some gun owners can be either lazy on maintenance or abuse the gun. Whether this is done deliberately or not makes no difference. The results are the same.This is not a put down of anyone here or anywhere else. Just an observation backed up by fact. Nor is this a suggestion that staff or members are negligent.

Older or much used guns are going to have major wear and tear over their service lives. Parts wear out, need replacement, or servicing. Fact of life. :)

Dedication to the firearm and to proficient gun handling are what owners need to do.

There are a lot of reasons why this is not done, but needs to be.

Will now put the :soapbox: away and get on with life. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Since there are so many bad, an obviously unwanted guns out there I think we should all step up to the plate and adopt some of these poor unwanted weapons.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sar, that is a very good idea! Ahhh, the sacrifices we make for our fellow shooters!!! ;D

Qwiks draw, some folks out there need to realize that guns are machines. They are mechanical, and thus, may need adjustment from time to time.
My whole purpose in tabulating all those models is to show that though everyone seems to take pleasure in bashing certain models, ALL models have some rough ones come off the line.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I'm always amazed at how some people can badmouth a whole breed of guns, or anything for that matter, when the next 100 people have no problems. If you hate something, get rid of it and move on, right? I'm all in for adopting some of those unwanted guns, but I love my wife and our peaceful home. So for now, I have enough.

·
32,569 Posts
Thunderhawk88. I was kind of piggybacking on your list there and making sport somewhat of the fact that if anybody looks long enough, something negative to complain about will come up.

All the guns are machines as you've pointed out and will have their ups and downs. Wearing out and down is a part of the process after all.

Mechanical malfunctions is half the fun anyway.

Gives us something to do with our time off. Replace and tinker with what we can or give the gun a good send off. To the smithy or somebody else. :)

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
THANK GOD! The 24/7 is not on that list so I can finally go out and buy a 3rd one.

I saw that thread awile back and figured I would wait till it got really long and then go back and see if I could even think of a gun that was NOT on the list ;D

·
Administrator
39,896 Posts
I saw that thread awhile back, and at that time Taurus was in the minority. What's that tell ya? :fart:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm sitting here thinking back to when I bought one of those guns on that list. It was the Skyy CPX-1. OMFG. I thought it would be great. Well, took it to the range and after 50 rounds of WWB value pack (9mm luger) my slide flew off. They dissassembly pin broke. Sent it back to the factory 2 different times after that. Then finally last time it broke, I dissassembled the whole gun and threw it off the Courtney campbell causeway bridge. (in different places, of course) My Taurus's have never given me a lick of trouble. My 24/7 is my "big baby". I would never get another CPX-1 if it was given to me. However, any unhappy Taurus owner is welcome to send therir unwanted guns to us devoted Taurus gunnies.I'll pay S/H too. LOL

·
Registered
497 Posts
Someone will always be able to find fault with anything mechanical. I wonder if those complaining tried to get the gun maker to make it good? I've had experience with SigArms and S&W doing just that. Major manufacturers want their products to work, otherwise they wind up on some stupid internet list of bad products.

I can't tell you how many people have complained about a gun, and when I ask them if they sent it back to the maker, they avoid eye-contact and say no, but their friend Bubba said it's broke.

No offense to all the "Bubbas" out there. I was a "Bubba," in my youth.
8)

·
Registered
26 Posts
You know --- us old guys just stick with what works. I have been a S & W revolver guy most of my life. My father bought his first S & W, 32 cal. in 1921. A letter from their factory confirmed this. As a supervisor for the N & W Railroad in southern West Virginia and Virginia, he carried it for years. And you guessed it. The little revolver still works today although I have sort of retired it from active service. In 1944, my mother came close to shooting a drunk that was trying to break in our front door with this same S & W. I have also owned several S & W revolvers. My CCW has been the S & W Mod. 60, 3in barrel, 357. I recently purchased
a Taurus PT1911 so time will tell how it performs. So far, not one hiccup. Thanks, Digger Doug

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Digger, you are so right. I have owned and shot Rugers for 35 years I've had a S&W Model 19 for over 25 years. Never any problems. Now I have a bunch of both brands.
I've had a Taurus 85 for a year, and love it, and next week I pick up a new Glock 19. As long as the function as expected I love them, and they don't need that $$$ price tag to show people I'm a serious shooter.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I didn't take the concept of this thread as a condemnation of all of a model line, but a particular gun a person had that was a disapointment to him/her. Many of the responses were in this spirit, while some were a soapbox to declare ALL of this or that gun as a POS. We've all had guns that didn't live up to what we were expecting, or hoping for, and thus were disappointing. In that context, the thread on TFL is ok.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have not had a firearm that was 100% trouble free, but then I have not had a 100% trouble free car or any other mechanical object either. I submit that the test of a company is how they deal with problems when they arise.

·
Registered
5 Posts
penates said:
I have not had a firearm that was 100% trouble free, but then I have not had a 100% trouble free car or any other mechanical object either. I submit that the test of a company is how they deal with problems when they arise.
How true, I was an import technician for 14 years, I've since switched trades. Everyone knows the reliabilty, of Honda, Toyota etc...But they are machines and can fail on you, especially, if they aren't taken care of. The same with a gun, they're mechanical, something could fail, no matter who makes them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts