Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever heard of loading a LRN backwards to get wadcutter style clean target holea?

Registered
Anyone ever heard of loading a LRN backwards to get wadcutter style clean target holea?
There was a youtube guy who did that a while ago - he also loaded various fmj bullets base up to see if they would expand like JHP (they did, somewhat)

Super Moderator
I have heard of it and from someone here...they should be along shortly.

Registered
I think a few companies take a round nose, cut off the point and call it a flat point?
same results without that dangerous point to mess with.
pointy things can be quite dangerous if you run with them.

Registered
Pretend there were no internet forums. Now what would do? Do that and see for yourself.
I've tried a lot of things over 35 years of reloading just for the heck of it to see and had no one to ask. Lots of fun!

But, BE CAREFUL!!!

Registered
I have heard of and have loaded hollow base wadcutters backwards for the ultimate flying ash tray round in .38 special.

Reactions: kmw1954 and william

Supporting SuperModerator
I'm with Jake, btw, I can still see your dog

Yup, is possible, for the flying ashtray effect. The internet was just a twinkle in someones eye the first time I heard it talked about. Like a lot of things I had to try it, there are bullets purpose built for that now.

Registered
OH and lets not forget for those that live near me I can hold your beer for you while you experiment with these things, --DISCLAIMER--- I may occasionally take sip of it while you are not watching!

Premium Member
Not on purpose but yes I have loaded a few LRNFP .45 Colts backwards. It seems someone was distracted while filling the bullet tube on their reloading press. :rolleyes:
They worked just fine in my Ruger Blackhawk .45 Colt but I was ringing steel not punching holes so I have no idea of what they would do to paper targets......

Old Coot with Guns.gif

Supporting SuperModerator
Not on purpose but yes I have loaded a few LRNFP .45 Colts backwards. It seems someone was distracted while filling the bullet tube on their reloading press. :rolleyes:
They worked just fine in my Ruger Blackhawk .45 Colt but I was ringing steel not punching holes so I have no idea of what they would do to paper targets......

View attachment 413721
I hope you spoke sharply to them, using small words, in the four to six letter range, to impress upon them the error of their ways.
:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts