Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever heard of loading a LRN backwards to get wadcutter style clean target holea?

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Anyone ever heard of loading a LRN backwards to get wadcutter style clean target holea?
There was a youtube guy who did that a while ago - he also loaded various fmj bullets base up to see if they would expand like JHP (they did, somewhat)

·
Super Moderator
40,658 Posts
I have heard of it and from someone here...they should be along shortly.

·
Registered
37,719 Posts
I think a few companies take a round nose, cut off the point and call it a flat point?
same results without that dangerous point to mess with.
pointy things can be quite dangerous if you run with them.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Pretend there were no internet forums. Now what would do? Do that and see for yourself.
I've tried a lot of things over 35 years of reloading just for the heck of it to see and had no one to ask. Lots of fun!

But, BE CAREFUL!!!

·
Registered
32,782 Posts
I have heard of and have loaded hollow base wadcutters backwards for the ultimate flying ash tray round in .38 special.

Reactions: kmw1954 and william

·
Supporting SuperModerator
16,106 Posts
I'm with Jake, btw, I can still see your dog

Yup, is possible, for the flying ashtray effect. The internet was just a twinkle in someones eye the first time I heard it talked about. Like a lot of things I had to try it, there are bullets purpose built for that now.

·
Registered
37,719 Posts
OH and lets not forget for those that live near me I can hold your beer for you while you experiment with these things, --DISCLAIMER--- I may occasionally take sip of it while you are not watching!

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Not on purpose but yes I have loaded a few LRNFP .45 Colts backwards. It seems someone was distracted while filling the bullet tube on their reloading press. :rolleyes:
They worked just fine in my Ruger Blackhawk .45 Colt but I was ringing steel not punching holes so I have no idea of what they would do to paper targets......

·
Supporting SuperModerator
16,106 Posts
Not on purpose but yes I have loaded a few LRNFP .45 Colts backwards. It seems someone was distracted while filling the bullet tube on their reloading press. :rolleyes:
They worked just fine in my Ruger Blackhawk .45 Colt but I was ringing steel not punching holes so I have no idea of what they would do to paper targets......

View attachment 413721
I hope you spoke sharply to them, using small words, in the four to six letter range, to impress upon them the error of their ways.
:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.