Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased my first firearm from Taurus (24/7 9mm) in January. Almost immediately, began having failure to fires about every 8-10 rounds, with light primer strikes. After speaking with Customer Service, I was informed it was due to shooting Wolf ammo (1 box), which damages the firing pin and results in problems with all other subsequent rounds.

I don't know if I really believe this explanation, but I ordered a new firing pin (rather than wait 6-8 weeks for Taurus to replace it for me). I waited two weeks and still have not received the new firing pin. I called Customer Service and was informed that it is BACKORDERED. They have no idea how long it will take to receive it.

How can a replacement part, especially something so common and CRITICAL for the function of the firearm, not be in stock? Are they no longer producing new firearms during this time, or are they simply not sending the part to existing customers who have already paid? This is just wrong.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I've shot atleast a box of Wolf ammo through most of my centerfire guns and they still run fine. The firing pin might be whats wrong but I doubt it was the Wolf ammo that caused it.

Was the Wolf ammo you shot the older version with the lacquer coating or the newer stuff with the powder coating? If it was the older stuff, a full strip-down cleaning might fix the issue. You could have gotten some lacquer built up and its causing issues.

Steelheart

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Steelheart said:
Was the Wolf ammo you shot the older version with the lacquer coating or the newer stuff with the powder coating? If it was the older stuff, a full strip-down cleaning might fix the issue. You could have gotten some lacquer built up and its causing issues.

Steelheart
I'm not sure how to tell the difference. The box that I shot had a green coating around the primer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've shot thousands of round of Wolf in many calibers. NEVER a problem. If Wolf did it what about TAP, CorBon, etc. They are all more powerful than WOLF in most calibers.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Same here, I shoot 1000's of rounds of Wolf ammo every year with out ever having any kind of problem. Even all of my AR rifles. Really great ammo!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts