Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I THOUGHT I HAD READ SOMEWHERE, OR MAYBE HEARD SOMEONE TALKING ABOUT GETTING USED TO OR PRACTICING FIRING 2 FAST SHOTS BACK TO BACK. I GUESS THE IDEA IS PLACING 2 SHOTS CLOSE ON A TARGET/BAD GUY FAST WITHOUT TRYING TO LINE THE SIGHTS UP AGAIN. IT MAKES SENSE TO ME. ANY THOUGHTS OR OPINIONS ON THIS TECHNIQUE.

·
Super Moderator
21,799 Posts
It's called the double tap two in the chest a triple tap is two in the chest and one in the head. :)
Makes Bad guys dead dead dead :) :) :)

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
It's called a double tap. It basically comes down to getting off two shots very quickly, placed into center mass of your target. I've been practicing double taps for more than 20 years and have used the technique in real-world instances to great success.

BTW---welcome to TaurusArmed.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
YEAH...LIKE I SAID MAKES SENSE TO ME. I ONLY HAVE 300 RNDS THROUGH THE NEW PT145. I JUST STARTED GETTING USED TO THESE SIGHTS AROUND 250 RNDS....SO I WANT TO START PRACTICING WITH THIS "DOUBLE TAP TECHNIQUE"

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
orlandodriver said:
isnt a triple tap called a mozambiuqe?
I always figured it was called "finishing the job".

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
40 s and w said:
I think it is called insurance
That would be 2 in the chest, 15 in the head (aka, the PT92 17 tap).

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
DARKSIDE351, welcome to Taurus Armed from VEGAS!

Glad to have you with us. You may wish to know that typing a post in all caps makes your words harder to read and it looks like you are shouting. It is considered bad 'Netiquette.'

No harm, no foul. :)

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
DARKSIDE351 said:
YEAH...LIKE I SAID MAKES SENSE TO ME. I ONLY HAVE 300 RNDS THROUGH THE NEW PT145. I JUST STARTED GETTING USED TO THESE SIGHTS AROUND 250 RNDS....SO I WANT TO START PRACTICING WITH THIS "DOUBLE TAP TECHNIQUE"
Be careful where you practice that, some fussy ranges may consider it a violation of the "no rapid fire" rule. That being said, I've found practicing double and triple tap drills to be excellent for developing knowledge about your weapon and yourself, as well as being good rapid acquisition practice.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Rackir, why don't they allow rapid fire at some ranges? the very first one i went to was telling me to let them go! then i went to another and they had they no rapid fire rule. i was thoroughly confused

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I'd guess it's a safety thing. When you have a bunch of people of varying skill levels ripping off shots as fast as they can it's more likely that ricochets are going to happen more frequently (as shots are going high and hitting the target holders more often). It can also lead to raised adrenalin levels and cause some people to start forgetting basic safety rules. That would be my guess, but since I don't own a range that’s all it is, a guess. It's also a reason I went and joined a private club, just so I can try what I like without having to worry about bothering a bunch of other people.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Shooting double taps in our local matches with my PT1911 has really helped me with gun control and target acquisition. Especially when there are hostages covering a good bit of the target.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
there is one range here locally has signs in bold letters No Head Shots Allowed

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
orlandodriver said:
there is one range here locally has signs in bold letters No Head Shots Allowed
Is that just really funny, or does mean something other than "no shooting each other in the head"?

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Its for when people use sillouete targets they say no head shots sorry should have explained better

·
Registered
876 Posts
There are differences in two-shot techniques.
1. Two shots in rapid succession, but taking the time to get sight alignment between shots, and:

2. Two shots without regaining sight picture.

sacrifice a little accuracy for a little speed...

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
orlandodriver said:
Its for when people use sillouete targets
Well that just bites, are they afraid the paper peoples coalition is going to come after them or something?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts