Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the indoor range my Daughters boyfriend took me there for my fathers day present we had a gas and shot 750 rounds total with my PT 45 and XD-9 . We were beat and started shooting my Buck Mark .22 at the end. here's some pics. 48 rounds of 9mm, 32 rounds of 45 last pic 9mm fast fire 15yrds

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Might want to get ahold on the fast fire [email protected] yards.... while you would have got the BG that's a bad grouping. I have told many LEO that I would run from them by the way they shot.

I can say that I would "NOT" run from you, but you should get much much tighter groups from an XD. I can get under 3 inch groups @ 25 yards with an XD SC .40

·
Super Moderator
21,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Eighteen months ago I would agree with you, at that time I was diagnosed with severe Rheumitoid arthritis. I could not hold a pencil without being in severe pain nore could I pull The double action on my S&W 686 with my trigger finger of my right hand. I take a massive amount of meds that include low dose Chemo pluse Humira which I have to inject twice a month just so I can walk and use my hands I've just started shooting again and am prowd that I can even shoot as well as I do. Trust me when I say that I am paying for my day of Joy. There are days that typing is difficult so shooting for as long as we did was a strugle. As I'm only 49 I have not much to look forward to and I will only get worse there is no cure and the side effects of my meds are not fun. I do the best I can and keep a good outlook on life. My XD does and has shot much better but I can only do what I can do. Shooting has always been a big part of my life and through this forum I'm able to share some of my past stories. I can only hope that i can continue to shoot as well as I do to protect myself amd family. I have recieved PM's from people that suffer from similar
devastating Illnesses that were ready to sell thier guns and give up the sport and encuraged them to use a smaller caliber and keep going. I'm sure you ment no harm as I seldom talk about this. I'd like to believe I can shoot the way I used to. My daughter and her boyfriend gave me a great fathers day present that I will cherish for a long time.hey I can still nock them dead at 15 yards with my Buck Mark .22. Just knowing I can still shoot my 45 and 9mm as well as I can lets me know I can protect my family. Have a great Fathers day I did :) :) :)

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
mp3mogul said:
Might want to get ahold on the fast fire [email protected] yards.... while you would have got the BG that's a bad grouping. I have told many LEO that I would run from them by the way they shot.

I can say that I would "NOT" run from you, but you should get much much tighter groups from an XD. I can get under 3 inch groups @ 25 yards with an XD SC .40
At 45 feet that's not a bad grouping at all. Good combat accuracy if you ask me.

BTW---it is not common practice on this forum to berate fellow members. If you didn't mean it in a negative manner, fine.....but it sure came off that way.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
45 looks to me like the BG wouldn't make it too far. good shooting!!! MP3 that wasnt nice considering those shots were pretty well grouped if it was the bad guy 45 would still be around to tell the story. Have a Happy fathers Day

·
Registered
34 Posts
750 rounds...you guys must be exhausted. Very good shooting at 15yds.....slow or rapid fire. Great shooting with the 1911 and good combat groups with the XD. Been shooting a long time.....3 inch groups at 25 yards with an XD SC?? Impressive!! I can barely see the target at 25 yards. Since I train for real world encounters, I consider shooting at 25 yds a waste of good ammo. I know my guns are a lot better shooters than I am, so I prefer not to burn the ammo and prove it. If the BG is 25 yards away, I'm running in the opposite direction, not trying to shoot him.

·
Administrator
35,622 Posts
jlmcpa1986 said:
If the BG is 25 yards away, I'm running in the opposite direction, not trying to shoot him.
+1 jlmcpa1986 - live to fight another day..... ;)

·
Super Moderator
21,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We had one lane between 2 people I wanted to push myself do to my health and also push the PT 1911 to get it broke in It only had about 200 rounds through it before today. One guy was loading as the other was shooting I had 3 16 round mags for the XD and 4 8 round mags for the 45. When we finished we did not even want to shoot the Buck mark 22 that much. but still finished off about half of a 550 round box. we were the first to get there and had been there for all of 3 hours. I also used mag loaders to help load mags. And yes we are vary tired and sore. But it was worth it. The last 15 yard was fast fire combat style with fast reloads. we had 6 man size targets and 4 with 6 seperate targets on one full size paper

·
Registered
34 Posts
They'd have to call Flight for Life if I was at the range for three hours. Your picture is worth a thousand words..... I have to have one of those PT1911's. I also like the XD's a bunch. Great guns.

·
Administrator
40,346 Posts
Good shootin' 45 Forever! Sounds like you enjoyed it so much, I think you should do it more often.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Nothing makes me feel better, (even if it hurts to beat heck) than to do what I love to do. Whether shooting or just reading and typing here. Yeah, I have some health issues too, so I totally understand that.

BUT, if I hit like that on even half my targets I would be extremely happy. Well maybe I do good now, but I been relearning shooting after an absence of about as many years as you been alive.

·
Registered
13 Posts
45 Forever,

I feel your pain, really.....I was diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis which mimics Rheumatoid in many ways, it's fun learning to live with limitations and pushing myself to just pay the piper later. I reload and tinker with my firearms and do what all I can to enjoy the shooting sports which I will never give up. Good shooting and pay no mind what others say! I try to pace myself but it's hard at times and I just learn to live within the pain and enjoy the reloading and shooting and what little chores I can do around the home stead.

Keep on keeping on, you did good!

Robert

·
Super Moderator
21,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the support its been hard dealing with this as I'm a hard working type of guy. I had to take early retirement and have been off work for a year trying to get the RA under control. I'm just feeling good enough to start looking for work again. I hope to find something that will keep me busy and challenging. I will always keep shooting as its a great way to feel alive. And able to protect my family

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
dont know what mp3 is talking about there is nothing wrong with your groupings 45.. sure they're not going single file but how many of us can shoot like that anywya, they are very consistent and plenty accurate i think you did good and any BG would'nt get more then 3 feet before collapsing.. not to mention they're all comfortably within the black..

good job mate.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts