Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went the the range yesterday. Ran 200 rounds through her. My accuracy is getting better. Last trip I was hitting low and left. Now just low. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
I also had 2 issues with 738. One a pin was working its way out. How can I prevent that in the future? Also my thumb kept ejecting the mag. Should I change up my grip to stop that?

Attachments

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
You might try a drop of blue Locktite on that pin. Apply a drop to the side of the pin and push it back in and then wipe away the excess. That should stop it from backing out. On the hitting low, you are going to have to stop doing that! I believe the left hitting went away, so will the low hitting with more practice. On the thumb hitting the magazine release button, again, stop doing that! All kidding aside, some have had this problem and yes, you are going to have to change your grip a little and think about it while shooting and you will train yourself not to hit it.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I rest my thumb just above the release, when I fire and the front lifts up. That is causing my thumb to rake across the release and sometimes is enough to eject the mag. Not to mention rub my thumb raw after 200 rounds.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
This is a "defensive" weapon not a "target" gun.

In a "defensive" situation you will probably not have the time to bring the sights in line and use both hands to shoot this gun.

That being said this is what "I" do.

With a gun like this I only point shot with one hand and only to 7 yards; most defensive shootings are within 7 yards. I also make sure that I can shoot ALL of my guns with BOTH hands. And I only use my non-dominate hand to clear failures.

If you are holding a gun correctly it should be pretty natural to point shoot. The biggest thing you will need to learn is trigger control and holding on tight enough so that the gun does not go flying from your hand.

Good luck.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Well yes it is a defensive weapon, but it is good to shoot a few rounds through it on a regular basis to keep you familiar with the gun. Lots of people have been killed with their C H still in the holster.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.