Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My son and I spent an afternoon at the range today. we got to shoot the new M&P .22 pistol, my son shot his M&P 15-22 and we even put a few magazines of .223 thru the M&P15 today. Then to top off the day I shot my PT 740. Ive got to say this is a very nice pistola amigos. Ive only put 100 rounds through him since new but this is a very solid well built gun. I like it.

On the other hand, the new M&P.22 pistol has some issues where the cartridge would fire but the case would fail to eject. This was using Winchester Dynapoint 22 LR HP.

Our first 100 rounds was ammo I bought from the range and that was problem free. Then when I switched to the Winchester I began having these issues. I cleaned the gun thoroughly and will try some different ammo. Hopefully it was ammo and not the gun itself.

Great day!

BTW: Arent we fortunate to live in a country where we are free to go to the range and shoot the above mentioned firearms with our family and friends? Dont let this change! Make the calls, write the letters and VOTE!

·
Administrator
35,161 Posts
Always nice to hear about a great range day. :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
35,007 Posts
Winchester dynapoint is not one of my faves. I know in magnum, it is significantly weaker than CCI and Remington and Hornady loadings and it won't even kick the bolt back on my Remington 597 magnum far enough to cock the hammer. :rolleyes: It chronographs several hundred FPS slower than the others. But, in today's market, heck, you buy what's available. LOl Good to hear you had a good time. An afternoon at the range is always a good thing IMHO.

I shot my Rossi 511 Sportsman revolver today, about 50 rounds using .22 Remington shorts I've found. I won't shoot my autos until I can get more ammo, don't wanna burn up what I have. I picked up 1K rounds of those shorts this week just for plinking. :D Yesterday, I shot my '58 Remington cap and ball a bit and fired up the lead furnace to cast another 50 .44 caliber round ball.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Semi-autos can be picky about what they will shoot, lubed or not. Winchester happens to be the only 22lr my Ruger SR22 doesn't like. American Eagle by Federal gives my 10-22 fits. Other than that both guns eat everything.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im going to buy (when I find some) different ammo, Ill try CCI Mini Mag and see how it goes.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pics from yesterday, my son and his M&P15/22, my M&P 15 and the new M&P .22 Mp1522.jpg Mp15.jpg Mp22.jpg

·
Registered
19,168 Posts
Nice thing spending time with your son at the range.. Enjoy your time together..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts