Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at the range yesterday sighting in a crimson trace on my PT145 and after about 30 rounds I had what I first thought was a misfire, but felt more like a double tap. No round was in the chamber so I did a quick field strip, reassemble and loaded another mag. 4 shots went fine and on the fifth I somehow engaged the "full auto" feature and with 1 pull fired 6 shots in about a tenth of a second. Attached is a photo of what I think is the culprit, appears as though part of the lower was sheared off and lets the firing pin stay forward. All kidding aside I am glad this happened at the range in a controlled situation since 4 of the 6 rounds went into the ceiling. wondering if this has happened to anyone else and is my guess on the problem correct?

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
That's scary! Glad nobody got hurt. When you take the upper off, is the firing pin still stuck? If it wasn't what you showed in the picture it could be debris stuck in the firing pin channel

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking that, so gave the gun a thorough cleaning and went back to the range this morning and only loaded 3 rounds. first pull fired 2 rounds and jammed the third, at that point i was done and am sending it off to taurus in the morning. still wondering if anyone has a PT145 and can compare their lower to mine in the photo. just curiosity at this point.

·
Administrator
35,633 Posts
I was thinking that, so gave the gun a thorough cleaning and went back to the range this morning and only loaded 3 rounds. first pull fired 2 rounds and jammed the third, at that point i was done and am sending it off to taurus in the morning. still wondering if anyone has a PT145 and can compare their lower to mine in the photo. just curiosity at this point.
Just FYI....don't expect this gun back. It's part of the lawsuit and eventually, someday, you'll probably get a G2 PT111 as a replacement.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, been reading up on the lawsuit, had no idea until today it was even going on. thinking of just bringing it to a local smith and seeing if they can fix it. love the gun so would hate to lose it.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
yeah, been reading up on the lawsuit, had no idea until today it was even going on. thinking of just bringing it to a local smith and seeing if they can fix it. love the gun so would hate to lose it.
If it needs a part you will be <out of luck>. Would send in as part of the recall and hope you get a good G2 . Wait for replacement will take awhile.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mine has that same spot. You must have a problem with the disconnect.

·
Super Moderator
37,646 Posts
Did you detail strip the slide to remove the firing pin and clean the channel? Examine the FP for burrs or defects? Mine used to get light strikes when crud would slow the FP down from impacting the primer. I sent mine in early on the recall expecting a PT 145 G2 Compact in exchange...had to settle for a PT 111 G2 .

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well, found the culprit, the pin catch that hooks the firing pin upon casing ejection is worn down to almost nothing. So much so the force of firing is enough for the pin catch to slide right by and fire continuously. Taurus did say if they can they would fix it and send back put it looking like ill be settling for a G2. Need to send it in under the recall and watch some video to get a shipping slip.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts