Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With my bersa and all of my friends hand guns, you slide a clip in with the slide back and it will chamber a round.

The PT 140 doesnt...issue with the gun? or not designed the same.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I don't think they should close, but I've seen on my 22lr's that the slide catch seems to get work allowing it to do that. PT111 never closes on its own.

·
Administrator
39,696 Posts
I've never seen one that works on it's own. None of mine do. :angel:

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Well, I do not have the PT140, but I do have the PT111. In going thru the manual, and from my 6 months with mine there is no indication that the magazine being inserted will release the slide, and I have not had it occur.
The only reference is this( 3. Always point the muzzle in a safe direction when manually operating the slide to load the first cartridge from tge magazine into the chamber. Malfunctions which allow the pistol to fire without the trigger being pulled when the slide snaps closed are rare but can happen. Always
grip the slide so that your fingers, hand, elbow, and other parts of your body are BEHIND the pistol and your finger is off of the trigger.)
I would assume this would not apply, but is a good safety anyway.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
ls6tt said:
With my bersa and all of my friends hand guns, you slide a clip in with the slide back and it will chamber a round.

The PT 140 doesnt...issue with the gun? or not designed the same.
I don't really think the Bersa was designed to slam shut when a magazine is inserted. Some of the so call experts will say it's a feature, but I strongly believe it's a design flaw. That is the reason I sold my Bersa 380. It truned into a slam happy piece of crap. I could have sent it off to have this "feature" disabled by one of those so called experts. But why spend $50 dollars shipping on such a cheap pistol? And by the way, the Bersa manual says nothing of this "feature" either. I think it was just cheaper to call a flaw a feature!

·
Registered
796 Posts
A full mag on my PT-145 3Rd Gen. will auto load with minimal force inserting the mag. Scared me the first time it happened.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies. While it is "cool" my other gun and my buddies guns do it, i more wanted to make sure I didnt have an issue with my brand new gun.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I have a PT145 3rd Gen., too. It has never loaded a round without first releasing the slide lock.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Robby said:
Well, I do not have the PT140, but I do have the PT111. In going thru the manual, and from my 6 months with mine there is no indication that the magazine being inserted will release the slide, and I have not had it occur.
The only reference is this( 3. Always point the muzzle in a safe direction when manually operating the slide to load the first cartridge from tge magazine into the chamber. Malfunctions which allow the pistol to fire without the trigger being pulled when the slide snaps closed are rare but can happen. Always
grip the slide so that your fingers, hand, elbow, and other parts of your body are BEHIND the pistol and your finger is off of the trigger.)
I would assume this would not apply, but is a good safety anyway.
its oppoiste if theres and empty mag in the gun it will not allow you to push the slide relase, and the auto thing sonds a little dangerous to me, i have never heard of a gun that does this, but im no guru though

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Maybe I misunderstood the issue. I thought we had a thread about this one. If I slam a mag in, the slide will shut and will chamber a round.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I guess this is a good thread to bring up my question instead of starting a new one. I have a 24/7 9mm Long Slide that will automatically release the slide and chamber a round when I insert a loaded mag in. It surprised and scared me when it happened as it happened when I was doing my qualification for my CHL. The instructor didn't notice or didn't say anything when it happened. Since then I have been able to replicate it at home many times. It will not do it with an empty mag, only with a full mag.

My question is there any danger of a round going off by this happening. I am a firm believer of keeping my finger off the trigger until I'm ready to fire but for some newbie that has yet to get follow this advice I think he/she could pop off a round by accident.

Has there been any new advice about this feature/bug?

·
Registered
801 Posts
There are no pistols designed to automatically release the slide when you insert a magazine. If your gun is doing it there is something wrong with the gun.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I didn't realize I posted this in the Millennium pistol section as I meant for it to be in the 24/7 pistol section. Is it ok if I repost this question in the correct section without being viewed as cross posting. Oh and I just tried to replicate the issue again and it actually doesn't do it every time, just some time.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts