·
Registered
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Breaking NewsAuthor of "American Sniper" among the dead at Rough Creek

Not much for details.... Just a damn sad bit of news.. The suspect prob feels like a real hot shot hope someone puts a round in him before the law catches up with him. Sorry but I just can't accept this... This young man served his country and someone does this..

Sara Vanden Berge [email protected]
A former Tarleton State University student who wrote the best-selling book, "American Sniper," was one of two victims shot and killed at Rough Creek Lodge Saturday.
Chris Kyle and another man were found dead at Rough Creek's shooting range between 3:30 and 4 p.m. Saturday, according to Sheriff Tommy Bryant.

Author of "American Sniper" among the dead at Rough Creek - Stephenville Empire-Tribune | Stephenville, TX | News, Sports, Lifestyles: Local: chris kyle, rough creek, double homicide,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Kyle

Suspect possibly in custody??
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...-kyle-reportedly-killed-at-tx-shooting-lodge/

http://www.yourglenrosetx.com/news/local/article_b0f607fe-6d97-11e2-8350-001a4bcf887a.html

·
Super Moderator
22,135 Posts
This is a tragedy the Book was good but gave out less info then Obama gleaned from the story. For him to be killed smells real bad. IMO!!!!!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
The 25-year-old suspect was apprehended about five hours later in Lancaster, southeast of Dallas, more than 70 miles from the scene, Bryant said.
The suspect, identified as Eddie Ray Routh, 25, was pursued to a house in Lancaster by officers, including a local SWAT team. Routh again try to flee in a vehicle but was stopped after spikes were laid across a road, Bryant said.
"The suspect has been caught and is in custody in Lancaster," the sheriff said. Erath County sheriff's investigators and Texas Rangers were securing a capital murder warrant.
Witnesses told sheriff's investigators that the gunman opened fire on the two men around 3:30 p.m., then fled in a pickup truck belonging to one of the victims.
The motive of the shooting remained unclear, he said. "Not a clue; absolutely no idea."

·
Registered
189 Posts
Damn it ! R.I.P. Chris !

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
I'm at a loss for words.
One of America's greatest heroes.

I remember watching him on "Top Shot" and "Stars Earn Stripes"

·
Registered
34,139 Posts
This is very sad news. I'll be very interested to see and hear what develops form this. Chris has a lot of friends that will not take this news well.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
So Sad, It's really getting frighting & weird out there. Prayers to his family & friends.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Very sad to hear! Chris was a true hero, in every sense of the word. My thoughts and prayers go out to Chris' wife and children.

View attachment 46846

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Prayers to the family, RIP Warrior.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I am deeply saddened to learn of this senseless loss of two of America's finest young men.

My thoughts and prayers are with their families and friends.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Prayers.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I'm just stunned. There are no right words to say.

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
R.I.P Soldier!!! Praying for his family!!

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I heard about this on the Radio on the way Home tonight and couldn't believe it, had to get online to confirm it.
A Man who saved countless lives defending our Troops from attack and survived four tours of duty in the middle east is killed by some POS who was probably trying to gain some notoriety for Himself.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I remember seeing him on an episode of "Sons of Guns" last year.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
A 25 yo PTSD patient.(?) that Mr. Kyle was helping.

Prayers to the families.

Valhalla awaits you Mr. Kyle.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts