Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Crazy! My wife used to live in Austin, and we visted there this last October. I will have to send the story to her....

·
Registered
848 Posts
My thoughts and prayers go out to the family of this officer. It is such a shame when an officer loses his life in the line of duty.

Now as far as Brandon goes. That WPOS should have his trial and one appeal. After the appeal is done he should be taken out behind the court house and hanged. And if his lawyer bitches about it. Hang him also.
Let's not waste taxpayer money on this rat bastard keeping him on death row for 20 years.

Reactions: Plano Mark

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
My heart is grieved every time I learn of another one of our dedicated law enforcement officers being killed in the line of duty.

May the Angel of the LORD camp round about his precious little daughters in their time of grief and loss.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
MilProGuy said it best for me.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
It always makes me sad to hear of a good officer dying in the line of duty. May God give his family the strength to get through his passing.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
What a senseless death to a young officer just doing his duty..and those precious daughters now missing their father and hero..My prayers go out to them and my wrath goes out to the punk that did this!!

·
Banned
2,673 Posts
"Walmart customer shoots, kills police officer... "

"There is no routine call"......You be careful out there...`

~ "Austin Police Chief Art Acevedo said the officer was shot in the neck and died at the scene. The department identified him as Senior Police Officer Jaime Padron and said he had two daughters, ages 10 and six.
Padron was responding to a call about a drunk man inside the store around 2:30 a.m., Acevedo said. The suspect attacked the officer as soon as he arrived at the store and Padron didn't have a chance to even pull out his own weapon.
"The suspect produced a semi-automatic pistol and shot the officer at point blank range," Acevedo said. The wounded officer was able to call for help using his police radio, he added." ~
Police: Officer killed in Austin Walmart, suspect arrested

·
Registered
518 Posts
A good one going down can't be replaced by a hundred bad guys biting the dust. My thoughts go out to the family.

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
This saddens me deeply. My prayers are with his family and the community. I pray justice is served quickly in the senseless act.

·
Registered
518 Posts
May God be with the family in their time of sorrow. gwk1951, why would the 2 employees be fired?? They deserve to be commended based on the report!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
This is another truly sad day, when I hear stories like this it makes me think of my brother in law and his three kids. An officer just doing his job can have his life ended in moments and his family's lives shattered by a senseless act of violence. Prayers go out to all of our officers and public servants and I hope they all make it home safely.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Prayers sent to the family of the fallen officer, R.I.P.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
truly saddening. I would buy tickets to watch this perp receive a stun gun every half hour over a 24 hour period before being allowed to take a nap on a mound of fire ants.

"..The wounded officer was able to call for help using his police radio,..". Man, I gotta shake my head....this has to mean he made the call alone. Not sure if it would have prevented this, but 'drunk man', '2:30 AM'? Come on, man. IMO, that should be at least a two man call, and I would think this would be a 'shift overlap' period where manpower is available.

And I can agree that there are no 'routine' calls, BUT, unfortunately, there are calls that some officers treat as routine. I hope 'complacency' didn't contribute to this. But, if it did or didn't, and if anything good can come of this, I'm betting it will be a reminder to the rest of LE of the consequences of 'routine'.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts