Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Message from the City: The protest on June 13th was authorized by the City Government and monitored by the Police Department. Officers were staged one block from the demonstrations to divert traffic while protesters exercised their First Amendment rights. Unfortunately, protesters did not advise police where they would march, and some vehicles were not able to be diverted.

The 911 Communications Officer informed the caller that the protest was a City authorized event and officers were monitoring the activity from afar. When the caller stated a person jumped on her vehicle (exhibiting criminal behavior), the Communications Officer notified officers staged nearby of the situation.

https://fredericksburg.today/2020/06/24/audio-city-of-fredericksburg-issues-statement-on-9-1-1-call-during-protests/

This is disgusting behavior by government officials that are supposed to protect all of the citizens.

The recording of the call is in the link above.

Reactions: 777Driver

·
Registered
14,598 Posts
I listened to the 911 call and the dispatcher had her hands tied as far as any form of expected response to a call for help. I really can't comment on the mayor's or city council's decision as that would not only get me a permaban but probably a visit from some alphabet agency.

What I will say however is this is an example of the true need of 2A and the woman who called 911 should remember this and who she votes for in November... provided she survives.

·
21,958 Posts
Meanwhile, the politicians who allow this use government funds to hire security details for themselves. Welcome to 2020 in liberal American cities.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts