Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Attention Florida Residents and Neighbors

I am interested in setting up a meeting of the FL TA members and wanting some thoughts as to venue and what if any interest there is for such an event. Please let me know if you are interested and would attend such an even. Plus any ideas for fun and games, prizes, and the such. If this happens possibility would become an annual thing.

One of many thoughts I have is a Hog(s) Roast/BBQ. A day or week end of fun and fellowship.

What say you??????

Reactions: sjenk288

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I see this is going no where fast well I thought it was a good idea guess not. Not all of them can be. I guess I will just be making a smoked pork roast for me and the wifey.

Reactions: A-TEAM 513

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Be patient, you just posted. BTW, in what city might this event take place?

·
Super Moderator
40,554 Posts
I'm game if it's not too far of a drive, Florida is just too darn long. Heck my county is @114 miles long alone. I was just in West Palm Beach today and forgot how long of a drive it was.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
The Key's is a crazy drive. Once I was in Miami and thought..almost there.

I am in New Smyrna and could see driving an hour.

Reactions: Armedpatriot

·
Registered
518 Posts
Patriot, I would drive from SC to FL for a BBQ and gun-talking session. Count me in!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Be patient, you just posted. BTW, in what city might this event take place?
TBD once there is enough interest and then open for suggestion. Would try for something kinda central for everyone.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Sounds like a fine idea. I'm in DFW now, but originally from Tampa, and still visit family there. I'd make a 'detour' if it works out.

·
Super Moderator
40,554 Posts
With enough notice I could make a Saturday afternoon/evening work out. Drive up Saturday morning have a good time, get a cheap room, drive back Sunday.

·
Super Moderator
19,807 Posts
Put together something in NW Fla, say Tallahassee or west of there, and would probably get a lot of Ga and Alabama members too. Go with anything in N Fla and you would pull in Alabama, Ga and SC in addition to Fla. Depends on how far someone is willing to drive - NOT fly. Make it a 3 day weekend, too.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In a few days or so I will compile all suggestions make a list and all who are considering coming can vote on them and we will go from there. If we can generate enough interest we may get some vendor's or companies to donate some prizes for the fun and games or even possibly the venue.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HELP!!!! I need a mod to please add "and Neighbors" to the thread title.
Thank you in advance.... :)

·
Super Moderator
27,012 Posts
Will pm you!

·
Super Moderator
27,012 Posts
pm sent!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Banned
4,022 Posts
I'm about 45 miles north of Tampa. Sure I would be interested.

I belong to a Sportsman's Club that might let us host the event. Perhaps we can even shoot bowling pins, steel, or something like that. Let me know if you are interested, and I will run it by the mucky-mucks.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Im currently at Eglin AFB near Fort Walton Beach and Destin, where at in florida?
Beautiful beaches here!

·
Super Moderator
27,012 Posts
I'm about 45 miles north of Tampa. Sure I would be interested.

I belong to a Sportsman's Club that might let us host the event. Perhaps we can even shoot bowling pins, steel, or something like that. Let me know if you are interested, and I will run it by the mucky-mucks.
They are very accomodating...Run by Brits!

·
Registered
34,139 Posts
I would be willing to join in on this depending on when it is and where? I live in Northeast Florida. So for me the drives get a bit long. Miami 7 hours, Tampa 4 hours, Daytona 1 1/2 hours, Orlando 3 hours depending on traffic, Key West 11 hours, Tallahassee 3 Hours, Eglin AFB 4 1/2 hours, .......... you get the idea. If you get enough people, I'll make the drive.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts