Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
35,516 Posts
More questions than answers devolve from this example of today's journalism.

·
21,931 Posts
Given the LEO's remarks, I'd say there's some sort of disparity of force that the news story didn't mention. Like the guy who threw the punch was 6'4" and weighed 275#, and the guy with the handgun was 5'3" and 115#. Something like that.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Tried to find other stories, not much out there. Apparently Berry laid in wait and ambushed the man who defended himself, and when the victim (the man Berry attacked) tried to escape, Berry kept going after him -- it wasn't just a simple swing-and-a-miss as the linked article implies, but instead was an on-going attack.

At least it's not likely there'll be another round of mostly-peaceful riots out of the event (this is Berry):

·
Registered
36,019 Posts
Given the LEO's remarks, I'd say there's some sort of disparity of force that the news story didn't mention. Like the guy who threw the punch was 6'4" and weighed 275#, and the guy with the handgun was 5'3" and 115#. Something like that.
ahh- the great equalizer???
137798d1454915781-gun-saved-my-rear-today-gun-control.jpg

Reactions: brojohn

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
It's sad that we live in a world where violence can and will strike without warning......... and it can be absolutely devastating if you don't believe it.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
It's not just that, was this some kind of strong arm robbery event? It sure sounds like one.

Local station 106.3 WORD reports that the man, Russell David Berry, was seen on video allegedly waiting in a parking lot for an individual who was using an ATM in a QT convenience store.

As the man emerged from the QT and walked toward his car, Berry exited his vehicle and allegedly swung at the individual.
The individual, a concealed carry permit holder who was armed, feared for his life, pulled his pistol, and shot one round.

·
Super Moderator
35,516 Posts

·
Super Moderator
35,516 Posts
Here's a joke...this site named "Gun Memorial" has the attacker's photo marked..."lost to gun violence"

I wonder if they would have posted the Asian guy's name if Berry had beat him to death?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Probably a racially motivated attack. If you check Berry's Facebook page you will see racially questionable type postings. Guy he attacked was Asian. I'm glad he was armed and could defend himself. That Gun Memorial website is total BS memorializing a guy killed in justifiable self-defense shooting as he was attacking someone.

Berry's Facebook posts about being proud to be white and making war on whom he choses complete with rebel flag (Warning: NSFW)

"I'm Black Irish and a Free PRINCE. I make war against whomever I want whenever I want. I am a Sovereign Nation unto myself." -Russell Berry's Facebook page.

"I'm proud to be white. I bet no one will pass this on because they are scared of being called a racist." -Russel Berry's Facebook page.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
The press in this country is the you know what that just won't flush. They just keep popping up....stinking worse than ever.

·
Registered
463 Posts
You have to be careful about who you mess with..

My old boss was a 57 year old ex-marine and later on Army vet who was, and remains to this day, the scariest guy I've ever met. I never saw anyone, no matter how big, young, etc, who did any real damage to him in a fight. His beatdowns of guys 35 years younger than him were amazing, both in how quickly they were over, and the massive damage he would do to their teeth and face. One of his all time "wow!" destructions were of a cousin of a famous NASCAR driver who had just got out of prison. He and his wife were eating in the restaurant at the hotel we worked at, and he suddenly grabbed her, pulled her onto the table, and started punching her in the face. My boss went over and told them they would have to leave. He called my boss the N word, and it was party time. About 6 punches later, teeth were all over the restaurant floor, and the wife beater was being taken by myself to the security office. He did himself no favors once he got there, but did admit, "Wow, that old guy really took me apart!". He ended up being more damaged by myself and the cops when he spit blood on us. This was the early AIDS days and we didn't like blood from anyone touching us. He eventually got a trip to the "ice house", where they used to ice the Pacific Fruit Express cars before they had mechanical refrigerated cars. At that point, the Las Vegas police used it as a "tune up" station, where you did NOT want to go. Later on, I saw him and the Mrs staggering into the bus station, and I yelled, "Come back and see us again, XXX!". He said nothing, but the wife said some things that hurt my little feelings. I always wondered what happened to that clown, but the name is super common and I can't tell which guy is him when I search for him.

My boss ended up bouncing in a nightclub, and still destroying guys 40+ years younger than him at 69. Retiring two weeks before prostate cancer got him.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts