Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
I think we have been down this type path before.

alert stupid.jpg

·
Registered
24,606 Posts
Gee whiz and just as the price was going up and the hoarders were swooping in.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Hey, at least they changed their minds.

·
Super Moderator
19,742 Posts
They never shoulda let Brian Williams handle the reporting on it!:D

And they expect us to believe it wasn't typed up with the same spell checker technology that bugs the rest of us to death? Yeah, that's it. They musta been using Hillary's home based server. . .

Maroons . . .

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
BATFE walks back "framework proposal" as a publishing error

ATF Does About-Face on Ammo Ban, Calls It ?Publishing Mistake? | TheBlaze.com

Now this isn't a complete shutdown of their proposal I don't believe. The "framework" proposal was published in February, BEFORE they announced a period for public comment. I wouldn't be surprised if they just roll this back out after the legally required comment period.

In other news, a Rep has introduced a bill to remove the atf's power to regulate ammo.
Gun rights bill would block ammunition regs | TheHill

·
10,379 Posts
Had a couple threads start just about the same time. I merged 'em together and threw 'em down into the Firing Line.

·
Registered
6,864 Posts
my guess is, someone over at the atf owns some stock in companies that make that type of ammo, and wanted a nice bonus. So they said, "we are going to ban it" nation wide it sales out, stock prices go up, they sell, and then say, oops, we weren't going to actually ban it

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
Thank you Wolf, for merging everything together. I along with numerous others are keenly interested in following the ATF's actions regarding this ammo. Job Well Done....

·
Registered
29,765 Posts
It still doesn't change my opinion that the ATF needs disbanded! :D :D :D

·
Banned
5,818 Posts

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Just an FYI. The proposed ban isn't over. The decision still hasn't been made. The only thing they screwed up on was an early look at a paper they have been preparing to reveal if/when they actually ban it. (which of course could mean they have already made their decision to ban it and the able to comment part was only to make us feel better)

The game is still as it was. Keep bombarding them with emails etc.!!!

·
Registered
31,904 Posts
It wasn't a typo, they just realized there was enough support in congress to overturn an ammo ban and said it was a typo to save face.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
The ammo makers couldn't hire anyone at any price to create as much demand for their product as some of these regulatory morons are (and for free, I might add.)

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Simple explanation...

"Hey Bob, if we shut down the M855 ammo and it's no longer
manufactured, who we gonna get it from if WE need some?".

All the Best,
D. White

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
Simple explanation...

"Hey Bob, if we shut down the M855 ammo and it's no longer
manufactured, who we gonna get it from if WE need some?".

All the Best,
D. White
If they banned it, or "discontinued the exemption," it would still be manufactured and only available to govt and law enforcement. The Fed coats don't want the Serfs to have it, or get anymore rather.

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
If not for social media and forums such as TA, this kind of stuff would be harder to stop.

bullshit-meter.gif

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Prohibition created two industries, nascar and bootleggers. What do you think outlawing ammo will produce? Look at the war on drugs.....now pot is legal!!!

Reactions: aquajim

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts