1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
No, I don't think a screwdriver applies here, unless that screwdriver is in a machine shop and that is where you use it.

·
Registered
17,173 Posts
This sounds a bit more like internet fear mongering than it does anything else.
First, I can't lend screwdrivers and we all know toilet paper regulation is right after that.

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
Quite an exaggeration in that sentence. You would have had to miss the debate in the article about "For pay" to believe it.

That article itself is missing a few points like the fact that 80% is in fact up to the discretion of the BATFE to determine,

There is also a problem with the hypothesis about "drilling one hole to "make" it a firearm so a gunsmith could complete it" That completely ignores the record keeping requirements leveled on gunsmiths when someone else's firearm is in their possession, which includes recording the serial number.

·
Banned
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, I don't think a screwdriver applies here, unless that screwdriver is in a machine shop and that is where you use it.
Give them time, at what point will owning tools be considered constructive intent? Remember, they already ruled a shoelace is a machine gun.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Shakes head

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
How is the ATF able to decide things like this? Shouldn't laws be created by legislation?

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,610 Posts
Starts with the CNC machine and ends with who knows what. I could eventually see lending someone a screwdriver to work on a gun being illegal if the ATF is not stopped.

Reactions: dudeman351

·
Registered
16,494 Posts
Sounds like the ATF falls into the same category as the Serra Club bumper sticker "donate a brain to the Serra Club".

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
How is the ATF able to decide things like this? Shouldn't laws be created by legislation?

This has been going on for decades, and "No, it isn't new with King Obama". Decades ago anti gunners, environmental whackos, and various others learned about the power of "Legislation by Regulation". A system whereby discretionary and definition powers were granted to agencies to "streamline" the process and keep Government at all levels from being "bogged down" in the process of actually creating specific laws.

where I live we have been absolutely crushed by the Forest Service, BLM, Federal DEQ, State DEQ, and about a half-a-dozen other "agencies" who have "regulatory authority" with no oversight or citizen control. They can decide when and where certain activities can be pursued, how they may be pursued, who may pursue them and set fees for the "privilege".

People with an agenda have wormed their way into the positions in these agencies and simply make the rules they like. We were fighting this 20 years ago. It has gotten worse a the education system turns out more glassy-eyed idealists who fill the positions in the agencies.

This can't be laid on one Administration or a few people, it is the fruit of the insidious nature of the liberal mindset. It takes no particularly devious coordination, just enough of the faithful integrating themselves into the system to push the agenda whenever they can.

Reactions: CJS3

·
Banned
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren’t enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. -Ayn Rand

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Simply Put... I will not comply

·
Registered
7,731 Posts
Assume I owned one of those trick CNC machines and I even used it to carve out a lower. Assume I have a close friend who wants to machine his own lower. (Notice I said close friend - I'm not stupid enough to do this with a casual acquaintance, though some might take issue with that.) So I sell him my CNC machine for an agreed upon price. He now owns the machine. After he's done with it, he decides he doesn't want to make any more receivers so he sells it back to me at an agreed upon price, which just happens to be the same price he paid for it. Now we need a law that prevents buying and selling CNC machines. The ATF is run by empire building idiots.

·
Registered
29,777 Posts
I second the motion to disband the ATF!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts