Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The question has come up recently . Is 50 some magic level that makes you an "old man" (if you are male of course)? I am 55 and a lot of people consider me more dangerous than harmless. My Grandfather was in his 40s when he killed a man in his 20s in a fight. (He was "no billed" in about ten minutes) So just where do we draw this line ?

·
Registered
13,942 Posts
I don't see there being an age limit to being harmless. I figure it would be sometime after death. I say after death because if I recall at some point my lifeless body could bloat up with decaying gases and explode. So I would have to say it would be at this time that I am no longer a danger to others.

However, there is the paranormal after life........................

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
There is no magic age. I have known 20 somethings with big muscles and menacing appearances that couldn't handle themselves. I have seen 80+ year old, 5 feet tall, 100 pound soaking wet, wisp of man take down very large men.

It only matters what you think and are capable of in the end.

·
Registered
18,807 Posts
There is no magic age. I have known 20 somethings with big muscles and menacing appearances that couldn't handle themselves. I have seen 80+ year old, 5 feet tall, 100 pound soaking wet, wisp of man take down very large men.

It only matters what you think and are capable of in the end.
The wisdom of age and a li'l treachery can beat youth and skill any day.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Guess it depends on a lot of things, like how well you've taken care of yourself and how much energy you've recently exerted.

Some guys still compete in iron man contests; others look shot out after walking the dog 3 or 4 blocks.

If you want to determine that in real time, if they're limping or stumbling in a few steps I think it's pretty safe to say they're about shot out... no pun intended.

·
Registered
14,797 Posts
Harmless is really a misnomer as nobody is harmless. A bedridden invalid may be the matriarch or patriarch of the family. their passing would harm the family structure. An MMA fighter may be harmless as they only fight because that's their job. They could be a complete teddybear outside of the ring.

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
All you young men need to remember that us old guys, those over 60, don't deal with physical fighting, no, we just shoot your dumbass!

Edit Note: By the way, I turn 70 this year, so watch your step!:D

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
All you young men need to remember that us old guys, those over 60, don't deal with physical fighting, no, we just shoot your dumbass!

Edit Note: By the way, I turn 70 this year, so watch your step!:D
Armed old men are decidedly scarier... "respect your elders". ;D

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Hmmm - at 57 I'm a better diplomat, strategizer AND shot than at any time in my life.

I have a Better poker face and seldom send a 'tell' - you may not see it coming and though I may lack some raw brute force of my youth I'll put it where it ought to go without reservation or hesitation!

Whew - that was a big couple of sentances - time for a sit and a beer!!! ;)

·
Registered
27,325 Posts
The most, no, the only dangerous weapon is the one between your ears.

OTOH, I have always been harmless. I have lived most of my life with the idea that I would try to make my little corner of the world a better place for having me in it.

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
Reactions: jic and mingaa

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
I will turn 54 in June and I am harmless till you put me in a situation that I need to be harmful !

·
Registered
24,604 Posts
I will be 75 next month and I refuse to be harmless.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
A convict said to me, "I test some of the younger COs. You're just the kind of CO that'll hurt somebody. I ain't %^*+([email protected] wit ju, CO."

1 - 20 of 32 Posts