Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up NIB couple of weeks ago for $460 from a local individual. Took it to range today along with the Zigana Sport.

The MP40C is quite nice, well constructed and a pleasure to shoot. This is one with the thumb safety. Came with two (10) rd. mags, (1) with pinky extension. It feels considerably heavier than my PT140MilPro. With the largest of the (3) back straps installed has a great grip for me. Put 74 rounds of 180gr. UMC FMJ for 5/7/10 yards about evenly split. Fairly accurate out of the box, or maybe I'm getting better. LOL

Attachments

Reactions: leejack and mingaa

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Great gun. It was the last double stack before I tried before I admitted that to carry IWB I would require a single stack gun and traded it on a Kahr CW9. No fault on the M&P - if I had deeper pockets it would still be with me today for sure!

Nice shooting too M8!! :)

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Fine shootin wino. I have one and at 15 yds I'm on the money with a 6 x 12" steel plate almost every round. I'm with mingaa on the carry though. I now carry an XDs single stack .45acp.

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My CCW this month is my PT140MP SS and other than a few ounces heavier the MP40C uses same holsters, so wouldn't expect I'll have any problem concealing. All in all, still prefer my 709/740 as favorite carries.

However, I'm not sure the MP40C was worth the $160 more I paid for it than my PT140MP SS ($300 on sale at Academy). No regrets, the MP is a fine pistol and well constructed, and it was too good a deal to pass up, albeit I needed another pistol like I need the plague. LOL

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Nice, looks like a good shooter!

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another Go

50 rds. 180 gr. UMC FMJ. No problems, hiccups or errors. Sure wish I could find a couple of extra mags with the pinkie extension.

30 rds. 7 yds.
20 rds. 10 yds.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Sure wish I could find a couple of extra mags with the pinkie extension.
That's going to be a tall order for now, I'm afraid. You can, at least, get the ones with the flat floor plate. Be thankful you're not looking for the 17 round mags for the fullsize 9mm. :rolleyes:

Congrats on the gun, though!

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They don't show anything for S&W and if they did, wouldn't do me any good as no extra mags. I believe the only option is either S&W direct or wait until the usual sources restock - maybe, someday.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts