Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all... just wanted to share some good news for a change. Some of you remember I was out with my wrist surgery for a while. That took months to recover from and even though it is not "perfect" I can still shoot some of my firearms, and also play guitar even though I do have a partial disability as labeled by the state. Without getting into details, my current work "changed" and after close to 20 years... I knew I needed to start to try to find other work.

Luckily after many prayers, I was told about a new job opening at a security operations center (SOC) with out again getting into details on that... which I was hired last week! It also significantly "increased" both my salary AND ALSO time off concurrently! Thank You Lord Jesus!

I am SO happy.. this is SO MUCH a blessing for me and my family.. there so many pluses to this new job.. it is wild.

·
Registered
13,855 Posts
Sometimes you're the windshield, Sometimes you're the bug. But every once in a while you get to fly first class and enjoy all the perks that accompany it.

May your flight and journey be smooth the entire trip.

Good things happen to good people!!!

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sometimes you're the windshield, Sometimes you're the bug. But every once in a while you get to fly first class and enjoy all the perks that accompany it.

May your flight and journey be smooth the entire trip.

Good things happen to good people!!!

Thanks I appreciate that...

Reactions: jonrjen

·
Super Moderator
35,566 Posts
This is great news! Congratulations!

Reactions: HappyTom

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
the old "Darkest just before sunrise" thing must have some basis i truth, eh?

Congratulations, and hope the healing continues .

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
Congratulations!!

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
That's fantastic new Tom. Congrats on the new position. God knows you paid your dues on a karmic level.

Reactions: HappyTom

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So now "Happy Tom" isn't just a catchy name...congratulations!

Nope.. "Happy Tom" was a "flight name" that a MSgt gave me. That's all we'll say about that... But the real thing is.. any time that you can "triple" your salary.. and at the same time, have more consecutive days off... that's a win/win... a big time blessing.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's fantastic new Tom. Congrats on the new position. God knows you paid your dues on a karmic level.

Thanks.. appreciate that. 100% infosec.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks again for all of your well wishes. I thought.. that I was going to take a large pay cut.. and it was not looking good for me or my family. I am SO grateful for the opportunity that has been given to me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts