Verrryyy interesting...I'll learn also.

Reactions: MARINEDIVISIONTWO

·
Super Moderator
37,620 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
The Astra 80 would be a decent buy, even better with some extra mags. They look similar to a SIG 220. No factory support since they're out of business, but a solid pistol nonetheless. I think they also came in .45 AUTO.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Maybe it is just me, but $250 - $270 (for a hand selected one) seems a bit high for a long out of production pistol that you'll likely never be able to get parts for. It also doesn't bring anything special to the table, feature-wise. But, being an Astra, not everyone else will have one, so there is that "unique-ness" factor.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Maybe it is just me, but $250 - $270 (for a hand selected one) seems a bit high for a long out of production pistol that you'll likely never be able to get parts for. It also doesn't bring anything special to the table, feature-wise. But, being an Astra, not everyone else will have one, so there is that "unique-ness" factor.
Actually online there are many places that sell parts for Astra firearms. My step son has an A-100 and it is a real dependable and accurate gun. I do agree $270 ....a little high for that.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I have shot the A-80 and own the A-90,they worked flwlessley,very dependable,clone of the Sigs,I would not hesitate on this buy get some extra mags if you can .
Sums it up pretty well. The last model was the A-100. The A-80 was the first and highly regarded. Astra actually made several good pistols before they folded. The SA A-70 and DA/SA A-75 were excellent compacts. My shooting partner used his A-75 when he qualified for his CCL. Very reliable and it was in .40 S&W.;)

Reactions: Lomax

·
Registered
580 Posts
I picked up an Astra A60 on Gunbroker a while back. It's kind of a double-stack Walther PPK clone. I had feeding issues with it and a local gun smith helped it some by replacing the recoil spring with a similar one because the originals are unobtanium. It took him quite a while to find one and while it works better now, it still doesn't run perfectly. An extra magazine was also an issue, but I made due with an altered CZ magazine. It's a neat gun to have as something different and intersting, but I'm glad I don't have to depend on it. I think I'll stick with guns that have better parts availability going forward.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts