Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read some comments by a few people saying that their 24/7 reminded them of a Chinese puzzle box when it came time to re-assemble it after cleaning. I haven't touched mine yet (it's a Christmas present) but am curious...is the 24/7 really that difficult to re-assemble? Also, has anyone even put together a manual with clear, concise photos?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Depends on what they're taking apart to clean. I remove the slide, spring and barrel for cleaning and that's it. If that's a chinese puzzle box to some people then they need to back through grade school a couple of times LoL!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, the wife's not home, so I played with my 24/7. Shhhh......don't tell. ;)

Anyway, field stripping is a breeze and it went back together very easily.

So I guess a manual with photos isn't really necessary, but since this is my first auto, I have no idea what the proper lube points are. Anywhere I can find out?

·
Registered
261 Posts
When i got my .45 cal home i took it apart and had to bring it to a gunsmith to help me put it back my manual has nothing in it about keeping the barrel in line with the assembly hole for the pin the pin has to pass thru the left side of the slide then thru the hole in the lower part of the barrel then thru the right side.
But after you do it once it is very easy

·
Registered
296 Posts
Check out the FAQ section.
Cimarron has put together a great section that goes into a lot of detail.

Oiling is just a drop of oil on the slide rails and the barrel, then wipe most of that off. Should be a very light film. Nothing more.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I don't yet own a 24/7, because I like the Mill Pro grip better. I did look at a 24/7 compact at the last gun show & liked it somewhat better. Regarding the Blazer Ammo, though, I have had some problems with it feeding in semi-auto's (both rifle and pistols) due to the cases being deformed on ejection. I've not had problems with Blazers in any of my revolvers. Granted, this was mostly the aluminium cases. I pretty much quit trying in anymore. I have not had issues with wwb stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts