Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a PT111 Pro and took it out for the first time Monday. I field stripped it to clean it afterwards and I am not sure it is reassembled properly. I have read many people talk about the difficulty to reassemble these. Everything went back together fine, but I think the slide scratching the top of the barrel over the chamber. I tried disassembling and reassembling it many times pushing the barrel down as I put it back together, but this really didn’t work because the slide wouldn’t go all the way back if I pushed the barrel down. Anyone have any tips?

·
Registered
438 Posts
im not fully sure what you mean but when you place the slide back on the frame you must lock the slide in the back position and then tip the gun forward when placing the pin back in because if the pin is placed in front of the barrel you slide will not properly function, thus by tipping the gun barrel down the barrell stays in the proper osition while placing the pin.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Here is a YouTube video of the 24/7 take down/assembly, seems to be basically the same. You can determine the instructions that don't apply.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have watched that video too, it is helpful. The problem I have is that pin is so tight even after 20 dis-assemblies it still won't pull out without being pried.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
With mine, as in the video, I push the "take down pin" down then pull the slide back a couple of times. It pops up (take down pin) and can be removed easily. It's a little tight, but twist it back and forth slightly as you pull.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I used to pry it open with the sharp end of an empty round... no, it really does not damage the gun, just gotta be careful... there is always the drop slide technique that i learned from this guy. http://www.kaptain.us/guns/clean.html
basically once the take down pin is in the vertical position and ready to be removed, release the slide gently and the pin should pop out a little more. then pull the slide back into its locked position and try again... I've been having the same issue and this has made it a little easier...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts