1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
10,974 Posts
Even with the drought, the mosquito trucks roll through our neighborhood at least once a week.

·
Administrator
39,379 Posts
I can’t remember exactly, the last time I saw a mosquito, but that right there makes me itch!

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Somebody suggested that we all stay awake until midnight on December 31 this year, to be sure that 2020 leaves for good.
I just wish it was something we could shoot to put an end to it now.

Reactions: TrucksNCoffee

·
Registered
17,052 Posts
I live by the Lake of the Ozarks and we almost never see a mosquito here. Of course I don't spend a lot of time outside after dark but it amazes me how few there are. Even when golfing in the late afternoon, and we have three ponds on the course.

However, the bottom dropped out of our temperature on Sept 1st. It went from the upper 90's to the lower 60's in two days.

·
8,337 Posts
Now that is some gross stuff, dying from a mosquito swarm sounds like a sci fi movie plot.

·
Registered
17,052 Posts
On the bright side, the mosquitoes probably killed all the Murder Hornets and saved us all.

Reactions: Zen Ape

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Could be, now all we have to worry about are the sniper monkey's
View attachment 467743

The Army Sniper School has trained some counter-snipers to deal with them.

Seriously, that's not the first time I've heard of mosquitoes killing livestock or even people. Folks around Stuttgart AR talk about folks being stripped nekkid and dumped out in the rice paddies for the mosquitoes to deal with them.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
40,409 Posts
Mosquitoes are always real bad around hear after hurricanes that bring lots of rain. When areas flood that have not flooded for a long time those mosquito eggs that were laying there dormant for all those years. As soon as they get wait they start the process to hatch.

·
Super Moderator
19,641 Posts
Somebody suggested that we all stay awake until midnight on December 31 this year, to be sure that 2020 leaves for good.
Did anyone else's momma promise them they would slap them into next year when they were a kid? Go see ya momma.

·
Registered
18,494 Posts
Don't blame the year, blame the people that were in it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts