Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://us.armscor.com/products/m5-matte-nickel-shotgun

Does anyone know anything about these shotguns? Ran across a blue version in a shop today for $199. Looks very well made for an inexpensive, bare bones, home defense shotgun. I didn't have that much interest while in the store, but after thinking about it for awhile, I just may go back tomorrow and get it.

I've never seen one before, so I know zip about them, other than what I briefly looked at.

Registered
It does look good.

They have a 1 year warranty so my advice is BUY it and shoot the ever loving blank out of it with in the first year and see how she does.

Registered
The web page says it's the Flite King design - here's some info - High Standard Flite King Shotgun. I don't know what kind of quality control they have in the P.I., but evidently High Standard had problems with quality control with this shotgun. I think if I was looking at a shotgun in that price range, I'd be looking at a Maverick with a full length magazine tube. JAT

8-Shot capacity, 3" chamber, 20" cylinder bore, and it's made by Mossberg - $233 suggested retail

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure. Maybe you could get one.

Registered
It's a nice looking shotgun. I'd check over the pump action and the shell carrier carefully as more than likely if you are going to have a problem with it that's where it will be. For a home defense thumper, trigger pull isn't all that critical as long as the gun will cycle shells cleanly without binding or jamming. Ask the salesman to load it up and shuck the rounds ........... if you trust him to do it safely. The price is hard to beat, and the stainless will wear well.

Registered
I'm not sure. Maybe you could get one.
Not sure about the extended magazine since it looks like that found on the Maverick and the cap is part of the barrel. But it looks nice let us know what you do.

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Went back up to Lubbock, with the sole mission of buying this shotgun. They sold it yesterday. :sad:

There was one box of .45Colt on the shelf, 20 rounds for $17 bucks and some change. I left it for someone else as I have plenty I've rolled myself.

Maybe next time.

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update. I went back a couple of weeks later and they had two of these. So, I picked it up, pretty much on the cool appearance alone. I've been playing with it using slugs, buckshot, and light bird/target loads. I have a few hundred rounds through it without a hitch. I think it'll make a fine home defense shotgun, as well as a fun gun at the range. My wife has had some formal training with a near identical shotgun, so she's confident that she knows what to do with it.
The only bad thing about this gun is purely cosmetic. The stock is of some type synthetic or composite. Not the prettiest thing to look at, but it does look mean, and doesn't bother me that much.

Attachments

Registered
The barrel shroud alone will make Diane Fineswine hate it, even though she won't know what it is. I'd pay $199 to watch a monkey kick a football!

Armscor produces some pretty nice firearms.

Reactions: Smokewagon

Registered
man,i want one!
nice score!!!!!

Registered
I'm curious, is this stamped made in Turkey? If I am not mistaken it's basically an old model, but rebranded. I have the nickel version minus the heat shield but it is Charles Daly. I had talked to my FFL maybe a year ago when these were released with the heat shield, there were maybe 3 different brand names offered, 3 different prices, but all the same basic shotgun.

I was wanting to say it was TriStar out of NKC, MO who was the primary importer. I haven't yet after all these year fired my Charles Daly, but for the money it is a good build quality defense shotgun.

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm curious, is this stamped made in Turkey? If I am not mistaken it's basically an old model, but rebranded. I have the nickel version minus the heat shield but it is Charles Daly. I had talked to my FFL maybe a year ago when these were released with the heat shield, there were maybe 3 different brand names offered, 3 different prices, but all the same basic shotgun.

I was wanting to say it was TriStar out of NKC, MO who was the primary importer. I haven't yet after all these year fired my Charles Daly, but for the money it is a good build quality defense shotgun.
It's stamped on one side, Made In The Philipines, and on the other, Rock Island Armory.

Registered
Maybe it's not the same. Or maybe they picked up the manufacturing contract from the Turkey facility. Either way it is one intimidating looking weapon that I wouldn't want pointed my way.

Registered
Looks good! What it set you back?

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
When I first saw them, they were $199, They went up $15 bucks by the time I got back, and another was in stock.

Registered
When I first saw them, they were $199, They went up $15 bucks by the time I got back, and another was in stock.
Damn good price. I'm gonna take a look locally and see what i can find. I want one!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts