Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Thanks for the link, turkeyhunter. It looks very compact and sounds like a nice little laser from a good company. I think Armalaser did a nice job.

My biggest hesitation is I just don't know how useful a laser is in a self defense situation out on the streets. I would welcome input from others who have one.

In a home defense situation, a laser can make it easier for the BG to know where you are. I can see this being a real disadvantage.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
I do have add on lasers for two of my guns, but only used them to sight in, and some practice.

If the BG gets in my house, he will definitely know where I am! I will be the guy behind the gun flashes, that he sees just before he hits the ground.I do carry a mini flashlight for nite times.

Now if he is outside, I do not plan on shooting unless he runs (toward me). But if he is in a vehicle, that thing is fair game. windows, tires, engine compartment. (I live far enough out that they sure as heck are not gonna walk to get to us).

We are already on the look out for a Red PU truck, with two to three in it, that did a couple home invasion things, where there were older people. "I am older, but with at least one gun on me, and three more close by, I think I can make them welcome, or unwelcome depending on their choice"

·
Registered
329 Posts
One of the guys who works at my local range was the target of an attempted carjacking a few weeks back. One of the perps was pulling on the door handle while the other perp was pulling at a pistol in his belt... the red dot of the crimson trace through the window onto the chest of one of the perps stopped the entire situation and they ran in one direction while he drove in the other. No shots were fired.

If he didn't have the laser, do you think the perps would have noticed he had a gun before it was too late?

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
high5apparatus said:
One of the guys who works at my local range was the target of an attempted carjacking.
If he didn't have the laser, do you think the perps would have noticed he had a gun before it was too late?
Forget that he had a laser, what dumb BG's to try and carjack a guy who came out of a shooting range! Can we say STUPID!!

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
high5apparatus said:
Good point, high5apparatus. That is the kind of feedback I was looking for. :thumb:

·
Registered
329 Posts
He wasn't jacked coming out of the range, but nearing his home.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Well at least he was prepared, and aware! As we all should be when were out, especially at nite. Situational awareness, is your best defense against having to even draw you weapon, let alone fire it.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
i would be easy to find them in my house,they would be the ones bleeding from the dog bites.....they need to worry about the dogs then me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts