Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I see another sponser? :eek: Welcome Arma Laser from West Texas! :wave:

Nice items there. :thumb:

TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
Yes, a very warm welcome to ArmaLaser!

I'm sorry I haven't mentioned this yet, but yes, they are here and we are glad to have them of course.

Now ... back to work for me. : /

Administrator
Perhaps a discount if we mention Flyer when we buy an armalaser? :)

Premium Member
Thanks very much for the warm welcome and glad to sponsor this board. There
are some extremely knowlegable and helpful folks on here. I know its been
helpful to many, myself included, in learning a lot about Taurus products.
I bought my first Taurus revolver in 1983 and have been a fan since.

A former Taurus designer also helped create our first laser system when we
developed touch-activation technology for the firearms market.

The new RSS was actually created first for the PT-145 and Kel-Tec PF-9
which share almost identical rail dimensions (even though they are
supposed to be the same, different manufacturers vary in their Picatinny
and Weaver rail dimensions). A PT-145 was used in every test mule
experiment and test we conducted in product development.

BTW, we never experienced a single jam or failure in either the PT-145 or
PF-9.

Last year, we started offering a special deal to members of the Kel-Tec board that we also sponsor that you get free shipping and an extra set of batteries when you order a laser system. We're happy to offer the same discount to Taurusarmed members as well. Just please call in your order to get the special deal.

Thanks again, we are proud to sponsor this great board and please let me
know if I can help in any way.

Rick

TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
Glad to have you along Rick! I'm even more glad to see you're a already a Taurus fan! Good deal on the hookup. :)

Administrator
I don't think that the 709 has rails, Doc.....do you mean some kind of grip laser or something like that?

Premium Member
Doc, I do need to get a 24/7 in house here to take some good pics. The one we used during design was a range gun from one our dealers and I'd like to get something newer and less beaten. Should be able to do this in a few weeks. I love this business, it gives me an excuse to buy more guns and take it off my taxes!

The PT-709 is one I wish Taurus had added a rail to. I have been speaking with another laser manufacturer to see if we could do a joint venture to create an adapter that would add a Picatinny rail to the PT-709. I would like to have one in my hand and see what we needed to do to make sure there would be absolutely no movement at all. This is key for all our designs, no movement during handling, recoil, and drop-tests. The grip-oriented one could work but I really don't personally like the way they feel plus our RSS technology is proving to be very popular with trainers and instructors as it is the only laser system developed to work hand-in-hand with modern firearms training techniques. The touch pads are located where your finger would be when you extend your trigger finger alongside the pistol when drawing and is the direction our future lasers will take. The other issue some have with grip-oriented lasers is when they do extend their fingers straight and it just happens to be slightly upwards you can block the beam from the laser as the source is situated at the top of the grip but below the slide.

We have an instructor who gets a lot of people in his class so he can't keep his eye on everyone. When telling them to point their pistols downrange if the laser isn't on, that way he knows their finger isn't where its supposed to be! Pretty crafty, if their fingers are along the side of the pistol where he keeps beating into their heads where it should be, the lasers are on. So, the grip-oriented way is an easier system in terms of holster selection, but the RSS is really a more up-to-date development to coincide with the training methods in use today.

Registered
texastaurusguy said:
I don't think that the 709 has rails, Doc.....do you mean some kind of grip laser or something like that?
Actually according to the site, ArmaLaser makes several models that do not need a rail. Most of the Kel-Tec's and the Kahr's don't have rails. The laser mounts to the trigger guard. That is why I was wondering if they had any plans for the PT-709.

ArmaLaser, I will gladly volunteer my 24/7 Stainless for modeling gigs. Of course, as her agent, I must accompany her to all photo shoots. Her modeling fee is right at $179 per session. ;D

Premium Member
Doctor_Venkman said:
ArmaLaser, I will gladly volunteer my 24/7 Stainless for modeling gigs. Of course, as her agent, I must accompany her to all photo shoots. Her modeling fee is right at $179 per session. ;D
I think we may be able to work something out
:thumb:

Registered
Hi Rick, let me add my welcome to the list. Looked at the website and I really liked what I saw. It is really great to have manufacturers get involved with those of us sending ammo downrange!!!!

Registered
welcome from idaho

Registered
what about the pt745? it would be nice to have a laser that mounts to the front trigger gaurd like the kt 3at?

Registered
Welcome to the forum, from a fellow new member. The people on here seem great! Plan on ordering one of your sites for my 24/7 Pro C to help with my cross dominant issue. ;-)

Registered
From ArmaLaser:

ArmaLaser said:
HI, yes we do give free shipping and a free set of extra batteries to forum members. Probably best to call or fax order in and mention that they are members. Rick.
954-937-6054, fax is 954-426-6334.

Registered
Hmmm,

I ordered online a little over a week ago, made sure I mentioned that I was a member here and requested a set of free batteries and free shipping and got neither. Laser arrived today.

I waited about a week and called since it had not arrived. Two days in a row I called checking on my order and never received a call back (voice mail both times).

I like the laser but their customer service is severely lacking in my opinion. I run a business and I would NEVER not return a phone call much less two phone calls.

AL

1 - 20 of 32 Posts