Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arkansas - On October 17, 2018 the Arkansas Appeals Court stated in case No. CR-18-353 Jamie Taff v. State of Arkansas: (“n general merely possessing a handgun on your person . . . does not violate § 5-73-120(a) and may be done if it does not violate other laws or regulations.”). Under the clear language of section 5-73-120(a), the possessor of a handgun must have an unlawful intent to employ it as a weapon against a person in order to make that possession a criminal act.

5-73-120 was amended and passed as above in 2013. There has been uncertainty with people in authority (AG’s, Governors, Mayors, Police Chiefs etc.) saying the law didn’t and some stating it did allowed Permitless Carry. The above court case has finally settled that argument. Permitless Concealed and Open Carry is now legal for those who can legally possess a firearm! You can read the Courts decision at http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/agopinions/ARPermitlessCarryTaffvState.pdf

·
8,979 Posts
Interesting, and thanks for posting. You are correct; permitted vs permitless carry has been an ongoing debate for awhile here. I doubt up in the NW part of the state where I live this decision will have much impact. Folks here are pretty laid back about firearms, and the violent crime rate is pretty small. However I carry as much as possible, but have a CC permit.

·
Registered
15,241 Posts
So when do we see the rivers of blood running down the streets that the Libs promised us?

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Good to see the neighbors taking up the practice too. Guess we’ll build this from the center out!!

MO did not have blood in the streets — I do recall streams flowing with liberal tears however. ;)

Gary — MANY thanks for the details and the links.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
So when do we see the rivers of blood running down the streets that the Libs promised us?
Only in the Hollyweird movies, ya know, the ones where all of us in 'flyover' country are identified as toothless, inbred, hicks.

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Good to see the neighbors taking up the practice too. Guess we’ll build this from the center out!!

MO did not have blood in the streets — I do recall streams flowing with liberal tears however. ;)

Gary — MANY thanks for the details and the links.
You're exactly right! They said it would be wild, wild west after passing conceal carry then constitutional carry but nothing happened.

Reactions: mingaa

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I live in KY.but thanks for the info.I have kin folks in Arkansas.Good to know the law there.

·
Premium Member
5,484 Posts
Don't quote me, but it is my understanding that our mutual neighbor (OK) while not trusting their own citizens to carry concealed, do "reciprocate" and allow citizens of other states who are trusted to carry concealed, carry concealed! Does that make sense, because it sure sounds weird to me.

Basically, since KS "trusts" its citizens to carry concealed, I can also carry concealed in OK without a license, even though an OK citizen cannot carry concealed without a license in his own state. Since AR now trusts its citizens as well, you'd be in the same boat.

Remember, however, this is my understanding. I ain't no judge in Oklahoma, so don't call me if you get caught carrying.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts