Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn lady with a suspended driver's license hit my car Thursday. My neck fricken hurts!:mad:

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Ahh crap, sorry to hear it. With a suspended license chances are no insurance? Hope she had it anyway.

Sarge

Reactions: bre346

·
Registered
591 Posts
we have the same problem in the UK, hope you get better soon

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
At least you are relatively OK, and it wasn't your fault.

Two weeks ago I managed to spin my SLK and cause £1300 worth of damage. Got my 'baby' back again but my wallet is in intensive care.

·
Registered
29,757 Posts
Hope your neck feel better!

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Sorry to here about your misfortune. Call one of those highly skilled lawyers that do the infomercials on tv!!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Sorry to hear man, damn unlawful drivers. I hope you sue her pants off...

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Hope you feel better soon.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Damn lady with a suspended driver's license hit my car Thursday. My neck fricken hurts!:mad:
Boy, that sucks!

Had 2 of them inside of a month. First one, stopped at a light, local cop right in front of me. Teenage gal who just got her full license was texting while driving and slammed into the rear of my car! Pushed me into the cop. He got out, came back to my car and started to go off on me when I jerked my thumb back toward the rear. He quickly apologized and then called it in on the radio. He couldn't work the accident because he was involved. Several witnesses saw the kid texting or dialling the cell phone. Her mommy tried to blame me because I didn't get out of her kid's way! Cop told her to shut up or he'd cite her for obstruction.

Couple weeks later, driving my wife's car, again at a stop light. Elderly woman rushing to get food home to her sick husband, not paying attention, slammed into the rear of us. Funny, in both cases we all had the same insurance company. No hassles at all as far as getting damage fixed and unlike yourself, fortunately no injuries.

Hope you get it all sorted out with no permanent injury. Hope she actually had insurance and that the LEO's put her away for a while on the suspended license!

·
Registered
34,137 Posts
I hope your neck gets to feeling better. You might want to get it checked out. There's probably not much hope of recovering damages from someone who has a suspended license but maybe she had insurance.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Let's hope the --itch is rich, so you can convert that sore neck into a lot of compensation.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I have no respect at all for those that drive with no license or insurance. I think they should be locked up when they are caught and their car auctioned off. Driving is a right and I shouldn't have to pay extra for "uninsured motorist" coverage to protect myself from scumbags that won't do the right thing. And I don’t even care why they lost either one. Their life, their issues, deal with them. But get in an accident without either one is like telling me screw me and they don’t care if I have to pay extra do to their inability to be productive members of society. Scum.

Rant off.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Sorry to hear about your wreck. Lets hope it's nothing serious and you feel much better soon.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
That sucks. I hope you get to feeling better.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Hate to hear that, hope she has insurance and you neck feels better.

Boy, that sucks!

Funny, in both cases we all had the same insurance company. No hassles at all as far as getting damage fixed and unlike yourself, fortunately no injuries.
I would consider yourself very lucky. I have had the bad luck of having the same insurance as someone a couple of times and since the same company has to pay they want to split blame, trying to stick me with paying to fix the car or a jacked up rate. I fought hard and had to involve my lawyer on one incident but I was not taking the blame for a accident I didn't cause. (I caused enough when I was young!!)

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Sorry about your neck. I'm not sure how the uninsured motorist part of a policy works, as I never had to make that type of claim. It would seem this would provide coverage for you in this instance ........ then again you can never guess how the insurance company interprets it , seems there main business is finding ways not to pay.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
I still say it is very simple for the insurance companies to notify the state DMV when somebodies insurance coverage expires or is cancelled. The state could easily require the insurance company to retain 30 days coverage premium and notify the state who then would inform the owner of the vehicle that they have 30 days in which to provide proof of other insurance or turn in thlates to the local sheriff's department. Failure to do so would result in the sheriff removing the plates and charging the owner a fine for the manpower time involved.

The same would go for no drivers license. No drivers license, No license plates for any vehicle in your name and anyone caught providing a vehicle to a person without a drivers license would be charged with an agravated Misdemeor.

Maybe the law should make the fine for no drivers license or insurance $1,000.00 which would make the license and insurance seem fairly cheap!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts