·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A few mini-guns will discourage the hardiest of them!
A little red mist and gray matter splatter at the leading edge is effective at making people in a mob reassess their commitment.

I suspect it will be a fizzle. I think I heard somewhere that it started as a FB joke that got picked up and carried forward.

The worst part of it is the resources it would make the military preposition just to deal with the possibility some fools decide to carry it out.

Reactions: Nimbly and darbo

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
A little red mist and gray matter splatter at the leading edge is effective at making people in a mob reassess their commitment.

I suspect it will be a fizzle. I think I heard somewhere that it started as a FB joke that got picked up and carried forward.

The worst part of it is the resources it would make the military preposition just to deal with the possibility some fools decide to carry it out.
I certainly hope it will be a fizzle.

Agreed, if it turns out that there is a large group of people moving that way the military would have to at least make preparations, which means money spent.

·
Premium Member
11,071 Posts
Can you picture 150k people running through the desert "to find the truth". Meanwhile the DOD guards, sitting in their air conditioned hummers sipping on their morning coffee, are taking bets on if anyone will make it through the 30 miles of open desert to reach some shade.

·
Super Moderator
17,704 Posts
With all the warning they've given it's not like the military is even going to let them congregate in large numbers close by. This is going to be over before it even starts. I say gas'em as soon as more than 20 show up.

·
Registered
18,807 Posts
:unsure:...I don't think the military "arrests" anybody...:dunno:...they just choot 'em like they're supposed to.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
In this heat? LOL no Starbucks around to get an ice coffee so I'm thinking it will not happen when they see how many miles the base is from the gate. The clueless are all in until the going gets inconvenient.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
In this heat? LOL no Starbucks around to get an ice coffee so I'm thinking it will not happen when they see how many miles the base is from the gate. The clueless are all in until the going gets inconvenient.
Not to mention, is there cell phone service out there? Will their smart devices be able to be connected to the internet? Oh the humanity!

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
These people don't have two brain cells to keep each other company, let alone have figured out that Area 51 is one of the most protected areas in Nevada, let alone the United States. Yes, you can get close to where Area 51 is, and there are campsites (if you want to call them that) near the boundary of Area 51, but you also have 24 hour patrols that WILL come to your campsite and interrogate you, along with proximity warning devices all around the fence warning of possible intruders. Your chances of even getting on the base are ZERO on a bad day, and now with this advertised Area 51 caravan, you can bet that there will be a ramp up of security, and your chances of getting anywhere near Area 51 will go drastically down.

And need I mention that the nearest city for provisions are small towns like Alamo, Nevada, that have little, if anything, to offer. Last time I was in the area, there were no Starbucks, or any coffee houses providing soy lattes and cappuccinos. Your looking at Las Vegas on the southeast, or Reno on the northwest, or Elko on the northeast, all of which are over 100 miles away from Area 51.

The people putting this "joke" on certainly have not done their homework on just what it may take to do this, and if it is even possible.

·
Registered
18,807 Posts
Worst part of it all, is that this is gonna' cost the taxpayers millions for the rescue operations to save these morons from dyin' in the desert.

·
Registered
17,062 Posts
Like sands through the hourglass so go the days of our lives.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Worst part of it all, is that this is gonna' cost the taxpayers millions for the rescue operations to save these morons from dyin' in the desert.
What you talking about Willis. That alien death ray that was reversed engineered leaves a little dust pile. They will not be missed.

·
Registered
18,807 Posts
What you talking about Willis. That alien death ray that was reversed engineered leaves a little dust pile. They will not be missed.
It may not even come to that. :unsure:...hard to tell what those aliens eat...:dunno:...might just be hookin' 'em up with a smorgasbord.

Reactions: 230JHP and darbo

·
Super Moderator
40,505 Posts
People are stupid. I wonder if anyone will really show up for this march on the area. If I lived in the area it would almost be worth a trip to see the stupidity in action and maybe even egg them on.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have been to the back gate of Area 51 and assure you it is not easy to find in the first place, and it is a long drive about 9 to 12 miles across barren desert with plenty of areas where the military can stop an influx of this nature prior to even reaching the gates. these morons need to remember this is a base where top secret military programs are being tested and refined many aircraft in the base area and Nellis AF base less than a 10 minute flight from Groom lake area. I feel certain that our government might be interested in seeing those new weapon systems put to the test in real life situations.... I think this is probably a hoax but with the level of stupidity facing our country today, you never know.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts