Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
About a year ago, many gun owners were shocked but the ammunition panic due to the school shooting at sandy hook. 5.56 was rare and if you did find it, it may be as high as $1 a round. .22 is still not back to full capacity on the shelves.

So my question to you is are you buying?

Administrator
Nope. But I am looking for powder and primers. They're as scarce around here, as ammo was during the panic buying.

Registered
I am still buying. Not on a regular schedule, nor do I make specific trips to buy it, but will pick up a box or two every now and then.

I don't use .223/5.56 and I only shot .22 lr recreationally, so it's not a must have round.

I will pick up a box of .2 lr in 50, 100 or even a brick, but I won't pay high dollar for it. Again, I only use it to shoot for fun.

I probably have around 3,00 rounds of it right now, but last Sat, my son and I shot off at least 400 rounds in about an hour. It's not hard to do.

My main purchases right now are either 12 or 20 gauge for hunting, .308 for hunting or my 9 mm .

Registered
I buy .22lr every chance I get but it's been at least 6 weeks since I've seen any. Some .45's would be great right now but I'm holding out for Christmas after making a few hints.

Registered
I'm well stocked on everything but I do buy a box of 327 Federal magnum from time to time as I hand load it and it being a very high pressure cartridge the cases don't last very many loadings. I don't shoot rimfire much at all and I still have several thousand rounds that I bought last century. I hand load every centerfire cartridge I shoot.

Registered
Not I. Have plenty of all I shoot .22LR, .22Mag, 9 MM .40S&W, .17HMR.

Reactions: TexasAviator

Registered
Just ordered a couple hundred worth of ammo after getting a notification that a site had 9mm HST's.
I'm good on ammo for at least a year or so otherwise.

Administrator
I guess I have come full circle, to reloading almost exclusively. At first, I would buy some ammo sometimes, but in the past year I've just been focusing on keeping enough bullets, primers, and cases on hand to reload what I want. It's fun, and a bit cheaper than buying from the store. I now have dies for every caliber I need ammo for.

If I see a box of 22LR, I sometimes grab it. Doesn't happen too often now though.

Registered
Akways buying here not a lot but a box or two a week

Registered
I've been picking up anywhere from a few boxes to lots of 500/1000 rounds as the promos appear as there has been a steep decline in not only price/round but free shipping recently..... they won't go bad and all it will take is another major shooting or Hillary declaring a run for the white house to set the stage for a repeat of the past couple of years.

Super Moderator
As little as possible. Bought some 7.62x39 steel case ammo, a few boxes of .327 Fed Mag, and some misc .22lr in the past year. Reload all I can.

Reactions: mingaa

Banned
No buying here, like others I roll my own. But, as was mentioned, powder is a big problem in certain brands. Primers have not been a big problem here, I currently have about 9,000 divided between small and large pistol.

Reactions: sweatyk

Registered
No I don't buy ammo as I have an adequate supply of almost everything thing I shoot. I'm low on 45-70 (100 rds) and 6.5x55 (80 or so).

Registered
I am buying ammo a little at a time, and I am buying mags like crazy. Hi-cap mags will be the new currency if all goes through the proverbial fan. Well I can't afford gold or silver so I suppose mags are the third "precious metal". Oh, and Sandy Hook was actually two years ago as of next Sunday.

Reactions: duppie

Registered
No buying here, like others I roll my own. But, as was mentioned, powder is a big problem in certain brands. Primers have not been a big problem here, I currently have about 9,000 divided between small and large pistol.
I roll my own for all calibers I shoot, save 22lr. I have about double the primers you have, split as well and enough powder to put just about all of them to use. I still buy factory ammo just because. Not a lot, but if I catch a sale on a caliber I shoot, I grab it. Rather have extra than not enough I guess. Considering the scarcity of powder, I like to be prepared. I'm sure we will see it back again, but when is the question.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts