Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello. I noticed these marks that look like small "whitish" scrapes when I was disassembling my G3C. I actually am not sure what this particular piece is named but I hope these marks can be identified in the photos. I have only about 500 rounds through the firearm and have not fired it since noticing the marks. Just wondering these are normal just from the round making contact with the surface. Thanks!
Hood Automotive design Bumper Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Bumper Motor vehicle

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Does not look abnormal to me. My G3C has about 700 or so rounds through it, and the slide guide rails look every bit like yours. My G3 has close to 900 rounds through it, and it looks even worse.

The finish will wear some off, as you use the pistol...this happens to all my guns. Both of my Sigs have that "shiny wear" in places, and so does my Walther, and none of those can be thrown into the "bargain" gun category, as it seems most of the gun industry tosses Taurus into.

Now, if I were seeing metal being gouged, seriously scratched, or tore away? That would be a different story. I just see some normal "finish" being rubbed off, as the gun goes through it's motions. Hope my humble opinion helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you taurustoter. No gouges, just "scrapes" as I mentioned. I will be taking it to the range in the next few days just to confirm it's a-ok but really don't expect any issues.

I have another question and will ask it here. If it should be bumped to another area then someone please let me know.

My question is has anyone else here noticed a tendency of the G3C to shoot low left? I am not that experienced so I had a range instructor try and he had the same results. I was using 115 gr Blazer Brass.Thanks

·
Registered
G2c PT145 MilPro
994 Posts
There are some that say "low, left" is a Taurus trait. I feel grip is usually the real culprit. I used to wrap my left index finger(I'm right handed) around the front of the trigger guard, thus pulling the shot low and left. Once I learned to drop my index finger off the trigger guard, the issue went away.

·
Registered
29,762 Posts
Like @rcopu1 implied, user error is the most likely answer. To find out if you are doing it, pick up some snap caps in an appropriate caliber, put one or two in a magazine (if possible, have a friend load the magazine so you have no clue where it is). When the snap cap comes up, see if you notice the muzzle moving low and left.
Also, look up "diagnostic target" and print some off. Shooting on one of them can help with a lot of operator problems.

·
Registered
37,821 Posts
Likely trigger pull?
Not familiar with that particular taurus model but most Taurus have a pretty long and somewhat heavy trigger pull?
have you or do you fire from the trigger reset?
this many times will help a lot with that problem.
its typical with right handed shooters, and lefties tend to shoot low and right.
work on your trigger pull and see if that doesn't get better.
as mentioned its likely a shooter error problem and seems like your range guy has the same problem!--LoL

·
Premium Member
7,957 Posts
I do not have that gun, but after cleaning, any scrape marks get a little dab of SFL-0 lube. I just assume that is a clever engineer's way of letting me know where to put the lube.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Maybe just me, but those just look like wear, "break in" marks. As long as they are not gouges and fairly smooth, make sure the area is lubed and reassemble and shoot a few thousand more rounds...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts