Taurus Firearm Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts
FUN FACT: Robocop's Pistol was actually just a Beretta 93R fitted with some extra furniture to make it look more futuristic.

Also, the Beretta 93R was only capable of firing 3 round bursts of 9mm, whereas the Judge launches 4-5 000 (9mm) Shot per trigger pull.
Granted, 9mm Luger is more powerful per shot than .410 000 Buckshot fired from a Judge, (which is closer to .32 ACP in terms of ballistics performance) but if they're both meet FBI Specifications, so it's a moot point.

Lastly, the Judge is actually legal for the average citizen to own without the necessary paperwork, waiting time, fees, and extraordinary cost of a 93R.
How many 93R's are there in the public domain, available for transfer?

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Standard Manufacturing has an 8 rd .22 magnum revolver that fires two rounds per trigger pull.
View attachment 490874

I mentioned this one in the OP. Technically, it does fire multiple trigger pulls, but does it meet the standard in this platform of 12 inches?

I'm not a fan of it for another reason though. It's designed as a carry piece but it turns the 22 mags into flyers because the pressure at the muzzle sends one of the shots spiraling away from the target. For carry? Nope, don't want flyers. Not too bad at defensive ranges, but I wouldn't want to chance it. I'd just run a 9mm compact. In terms of the Judge, at least you can run 45lc and that's accurate at 30+ yards, but its too big for carrying IMO, even the PD.

Isn't it strange that most Threads start about one thing......and end about something irrelevant ?
I rode a train once!

This was a phrase we used at work when someone would interject something completely irrelevant in a conversation. With respect to a thread, however, there may be 20 words in an original post, and any of those 20 words (or any combination of some of those 20 words) may spark a thought. I find it interesting that some people are on a random message board and get irritated that topics stray. It's just a bunch of Internet rambling.

Reactions: rcopu1
After watching the "Shooting The Bull" video I believe I have changed my mind about the gun, but I don't intend on running out and buying one. With proper ammo (as in most firearms) it does an excellent job for SD or HD. I was surprised at the smaller groups/spreads and penetration in gel.. I saw the 2 barrel 45 ACP/1911 but just wrote it off as a "stunt". As for the OP's initial question, I don't think there is a modern handgun that launches multiple effective projectiles with each shot...

Discussion starter · #30 · (Edited)
After watching the "Shooting The Bull" video I believe I have changed my mind about the gun, but I don't intend on running out and buying one. With proper ammo (as in most firearms) it does an excellent job for SD or HD. I was surprised at the smaller groups/spreads and penetration in gel.. I saw the 2 barrel 45 ACP/1911 but just wrote it off as a "stunt". As for the OP's initial question, I don't think there is a modern handgun that launches multiple effective projectiles with each shot...
The best analogy I heard was from a combat Marine friend of mine. I showed him a gel test and he was surprised. About 2 months later he shot mine and did a cylinder dump at 7 yards as fast as he could and hit everything in about an 8-inch diameter. We went and looked at the target and he just stood there shaking his head and said:

"Ok, yeah I was very wrong, that's basically a firing squad every time I press the trigger. But I get five firing squads in a cylinder. Wow. 16-18 inches in gel for EACH one?"

Yup.

He then started asking me a bunch of questions if I had failures(none) etc and shot it a few dozen more times before purchasing his own. It's on his nightstand now and that's considering he has an arsenal of handguns. He actually lurks on these forums from time to time so what's up MB 🙋‍♂️

Isn't it strange that most Threads start about one thing......and end about something irrelevant ?
It's called TA.net. We are a multifaceted forum!!

Since we are fond of saying, "Guns don't kill people, people kill people," shouldn't we phrase it: "Is there another handgun that allows the shooter to deliver multiple potentially lethal projectiles with a single pull of the trigger?"

Reactions: DeltaBravoKS
I have always ignored "facts" or articles on certain ammo or firearms stopping power. I have always been a shot placement shooter. A .22 between the eyes or dead center in the heart is darn close to being as effective as a 10mm.
  1. Lethal isn't the same as quickly incapacitating. A person sustaining a lethal wound may remain combative for some period of time.
  2. Not everybody has organs placed according to the diagram.
  3. In a combat situation one or both parties will be moving unpredictably, rendering the idea of precision shooting moot.
  4. Adrenaline may make you stronger, but it wreaks havoc with your fine motor skills.
  5. If the time available to shoot is not in short supply, you will probably have a hard time selling the idea that it was self defense.

OK.. so you want to terminate with extreme prejudice?? Try a pistol in .17HMR.. The purp will look at you, wait for the shot, feel the impact... then he'll die... LAUGHING..!! :LOL: (y)

OK.. so you want to terminate with extreme prejudice?? Try a pistol in .17HMR.. The purp will look at you, wait for the shot, feel the impact... then he'll die... LAUGHING..!! :LOL: (y)
I have no prejudice. I am a firm believer in equal opportunity and equal treatment.
Therefore I have a .22WMR, but not a .17HMR revolver.

Discussion starter · #37 · (Edited)
  1. Lethal isn't the same as quickly incapacitating. A person sustaining a lethal wound may remain combative for some period of time.
  2. Not everybody has organs placed according to the diagram.
  3. In a combat situation one or both parties will be moving unpredictably, rendering the idea of precision shooting moot.
  4. Adrenaline may make you stronger, but it wreaks havoc with your fine motor skills.
  5. If the time available to shoot is not in short supply, you will probably have a hard time selling the idea that it was self defense.

Yes. Targeting a specific organ in a combat scenario is just incredibly difficult when both parties are adrenaline filled/bullets flying. During chaos and close ranges, I don't think there's a much better option than shotguns. The Americans in WW1 were called monsters for using shotguns in trench warfare. The Germans tried to outlaw it during the middle of the war lol.
Trench warfare is not unlike home defense in terms of distance and range, it was probably extremely close quarters. The Germans were using submachines at those ranges, which when we compare those projectiles they were probably more powerful than a single 000 buckshot. But a single 000 buckshot is plenty alone, the golden ticket is sending a group of them at once, each one with ability to strike a vital area.
The window of opportunity in a combat situation is probably extremely narrow, so if that slim chance presents itself where an enemy is in your sights, might as well send a volley of effective projectiles vs one that's just slightly more powerful. That's my .02 cent.

Yes. Targeting a specific organ in a combat scenario is just incredibly difficult when both parties are adrenaline filled/bullets flying. The Americans in WW1 were called monsters for using shotguns in trench warfare. The Germans tried to outlaw it during the middle of the war lol.
Trench warfare is not unlike home defense in terms of distance and range, it was probably extremely close quarters. The Germans were using submachines at those ranges, which when we compare those projectiles they were probably more powerful than a single 000 buckshot. But a single 000 buckshot is plenty alone, the golden ticket is sending a group of them at once, each one with ability to strike a vital area.
The window of opportunity in a combat situation is probably extremely narrow, so if that slim chance presents itself where an enemy is in your sights, might as well send a volley of effective projectiles vs one that's just slightly more powerful. That's my .02 cent.
You raise an interesting question. As far as I know, we still use shotguns in combat. Are there any types of shotgun ammunition that has been banned in war?

Discussion starter · #39 ·
You raise an interesting question. As far as I know, we still use shotguns in combat. Are there any types of shotgun ammunition that has been banned in war?

I don't think so, it was just a ridiculous notion to begin with. The Germans were using political bullshit to try and make the Americans look like barbarians, as if getting mowed down by a submachineguns, choked by mustard gas, or burning alive by flamethrowers was that much better lol

But yet American shotguns were the devil. lmao

No. The Hague Convention of 1899 prohibited poison gas projectiles and expanding projectiles (i.e. softpoint or hollowpoint bullets). This provision was not ratified by the United States.

Reactions: DeltaBravoKS
21 - 40 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.